Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX FX Failed after 7 days of ownership

mikecg123

I just bought an HXFX but it has developed a lockup and whistle fault epic fail line 6 I  am more likely to look somewhere else from now on, your kit keeps dying on me.

My POD HD 500 X died and then my line6 looper  I mean its very shoddy,very shoddy indeed.  I cant trust your kit at a gig if their were any gigs going.

MEH!

I'm sorry your having problems... I'm just providing another view point of Line 6 reliability. 

IMO, I keep wasting money on extended warranty's I don't need  :) 

I've had the original bean, the XT Live, the X3 Live the HD500 and now the HELIX LT... not to mention a few other smaller products. 

Not one single failure in 20 years of using their products. 

FWIW, I gig a lot and I do trust the products. Yes, I carry a back up modeler, but I also carried back up amps when I used amps. 

Reminds me of the bumper sticker - "the only constant in all of your failed relationships is you..."

Seriously, though, I've owned many pieces of Line 6 hardware (well into the double digits), and I've only had a few actually fail. One was a defective power amp in a Duoverb amp, and the other was an issue with my Variax 300. Line 6 fixed them both for me. So I'm sure you can get your HX Effects replaced needed. But have you gone through the normal troubleshooting steps? Have tried a factory reset? What is your setup that your hearing whistling?

It's under warranty, so you should be able to get it replaced.

Also check the AC voltage if you're experiencing multiple failures. Recently there was a power failure where I live. When the power came back on after being off for 8 hours, the voltage was 138V for about 15 seconds (along with spikes) before it settled down to 124V. Fortunately, when there's an outage I know to turn off the fuse box switches to anything that's always on (frig, HVAC, etc.) All my music/studio electronics feed from an uninterruptible power supply and line filter...one of the best investments I ever made.

The worst part about power line spikes is they can cause components to deteriorate rather than just blow up (which is easier to find and fix). HTH.

10 hours ago, mikecg123 said:

I just bought an HXFX but it has developed a lockup and whistle fault epic fail line 6

I realise you feel like letting off steam, but as this is a new unit, and only a week old, it is still under warranty. Simply have it swapped out for a new box - end of problem.

As for the “lockup and whistle fault” - the first thing to do when weird stuff happens is try a factory reset on the unit. Hold down FS6 and TAP while turning the power on.

Hope this helps/makes sense.