Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

ZERO SOUND OUTPUT on HX STOMP

bobscribbly

read a thread way back from 2019 of an annoying bug which produces NO SOUND OUTPUT via USB or Direct Out>

THIS PROBLEM STILL PERSISTS in Helix/HX Firmware 3.11 -

ZERO SOUND OUTPUT on guitars [which I always run through my HX STOMP] in my recording studio, spent four hours pulling apart cable bays, f'ing about troubleshooting software configs, booting and rebooting my system completely, testing every cable on multiple aggregate interfaces; then boot then reboot  = what a f'in.......... pain in the lollipop>

Finally had to go to the basement and bring up the fender bassman to direct test the HX and what do you know..... NO SOUND output........ what a load of BS

Seriously how can I TRUST a device that works when it feels like it>

I certainly would NEVER trust this as a rig in a LIVE SITUATION...

WILL LINE 6 acknowledge and FIX THIS BS?????

Here's what you do:

Perform a Factory reset.

After you've completed the reset, if it fails again, then contact support (maybe you got a bad one, it happens).

I've had mine for going on 3 yrs. What you describe has happened 2 or 3 times, but each time a simple reboot solved the problem.

It's a computer. Sometimes it glitches. If you think that other similar products never glitch, you're living in a fantasy.

TAKE A DEEP BREATH!

Those of us who've been around long enough remember that gig where we heard a POP, turned around and saw the magic smoke escaping from our tube amps.

Sometimes accompanied by flames!

THAT SUCKED! No CTRL-ALT-DEL for that!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, rd2rk said:

It's a computer. Sometimes it glitches. If you think that other similar products never glitch, you're living in a fantasy.

lovely, living in a fantasy you reckon, how helpful!    

thanks uber guru pineapple>

a computer u say> lol> its an over glorified fx pedal @ best, anyway thanks so much for your input its really appreciated -

this issue has persisted across many years of revisions of firmware and is still yet to be corrected by line 6, maybe they could look @ finally fixing it in upcoming  versions;

god knows they have had long enough to rectify this simple and annoying BUG......

18 minutes ago, bobscribbly said:

yes i am PierM

Bob, I do have the HX Stomp, and I use it intensively. Never had problems with it and honestly never heard of a similar bug. HX Stomp is a huge seller and plenty of musicians are using it live, without issues.

I asked about the PS because when the Stomp has not enough mA at boot, it does shut down the audio section, but if you are using the original power supply then you are good on that aspect.

I do suggest to contact the support, as it can be an hardware issue that can't be solved with standard reset procedures.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, bobscribbly said:

I see your link to a thread in this USER forum and raise you a link to the VENDOR support page, so you can gain the assistance you need https://line6.com/support/tickets/

Maybe you could try copying and pasting your original rant in the support request. Just so they know you're serious.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, bobscribbly said:

A bug is an error in the code which needs to be reproducible. If there is No Repro, there is no bug. And if there is no bug, there is no fix.

On the other hand, if it's an intermittent issue, it can be either software corrupted or hardware related.

Those guys are reporting a generic "no audio", but each of those can have a different cause.

I repeat myself; if you already reset the unit and Globals, just contact line 6 support.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, PierM said:

A bug is an error in the code which needs to be reproducible.

the amount of variables required to "reproduce" any bug/sys serror can be considerable,

oversimplifying things to x and y = said outcome does not factor for the amount of times different variables and conflicts can result in the same outcome:

ie: no sound coming out of glorified fx pedal:

an intermittent issue can be caused by many things including a bug: this one has been around for quite a while

I have contacted line 6 as well as discussing it here in an open forum

together hopefully we can SQUASH THAT BUG

What-Do-Cockroaches-Eat-OG.thumb.jpg.87c97f59c45c9a502a368e9e44a948ce.jpg

10 hours ago, rd2rk said:

^^^ I agree with this statement 100%.

Of course it's unreliable.  It's not supposed to work all the time.  Stop being such a cry-baby.  Line-6 doesn't sell products you can depend on.  What were you thinking?  Nobody does.  They're all just toys for your living room.  You can't just go around thinking you could perform on stage with them and depend on them for the whole gig.  That's not what they're made for.  They're just toys for Pete's sake.

Gaaaawd....  The nerve of some people.  

9 minutes ago, MGW-Alberta said:

Of course it's unreliable.  It's not supposed to work all the time.  Stop being such a cry-baby.  Line-6 doesn't sell products you can depend on.  What were you thinking?  Nobody does.  They're all just toys for your living room.  You can't just go around thinking you could perform on stage with them and depend on them for the whole gig.  That's not what they're made for.  They're just toys for Pete's sake.

Why, just the other night I was playing my acoustic guitar and A STRING BROKE!!!

WHAT UTTERLY ABYSMAL TRASH!!!

This problem with strings has been known for many years. You'd think that between D'Addario and Ernie Ball they'd fix this in a future update!

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, MGW-Alberta said:

I have the Stomp since pandemic started...so it's almost a year and an half. Did several live videos with it, dozens of rehearsals in the hot summer as well in the cold...other than normal daily use at home, at least couple of hours per day. 

Well, I have no idea what bugs you all are talking about....

I must have a prototype made by unicorns.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Stratman999 said:

Why are you making fun of this poor man's issue? Just because your unit is working fine, doesn't mean this issue isn't genuine. Please grow up if you have nothing constructive to say! You wouldn't be laughing and making fun if it was your unit.

And your contribution to solving the “no sound out” issue is…?

The OP is annoyed that his unit doesn’t work as expected and referred to a thread from 2019. That thread mentioned “no audio” caused by a variety of reasons, possibly unrelated to the OP’s situation.

He has been advised to perform a factory reset, and subsequently to contact Customer Support. He says that he has raised a ticket with them and will post any development here. We are all still waiting to see what happens as this is a user group not visited by Line 6 staff.

Maybe the guy is just plain unlucky, because if you check his other posts (rants) he doesn’t seem to have much success with either his HX Stomp or HX Native. Now, I might be cynical, but…

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Happy New Year!

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Stratman999 said:

Why are you making fun of this poor man's issue? Just because your unit is working fine, doesn't mean this issue isn't genuine. Please grow up if you have nothing constructive to say! You wouldn't be laughing and making fun if it was your unit.

We're not making fun of his issue, we're making fun of his attitude.

Read my first post and his reply, and tell me he doesn't need an attitude adjustment?

We've done our level best to help him with his issue, here and in other threads  - to which end you've contributed what, beyond letting us all know what a caring and compassionate individual you are?

• Upvote 2

BTW and FWIW - PUBLIC NOTICE!

The "Uber Guru Pineapple" thing is something that the Forum SW does based on # of posts and likes.

IT IS NOT PART OF MY AVATAR!

TBH, I wish that I could go back to "I know a thing or two", as this is not the first time that some nasty individual has used it as an insult when I tried to help and he didn't want to hear it.

• Haha 2