Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Recommend Fbv For Pod Hd Pro X?

cedmonds

I recently bought a line 6 pod HD pro X, I'm really confused

On the footcontroller page it says 

("NOTE: FBV Shortboard is NOT compatible with Ax212â„¢, Flextoneâ„¢ I, II or HD, POD® Pro, Bass POD®, Bass POD® Pro and Spiderâ„¢.)"

But then i go on the compatibility chart it has a red checkmark saying its compatible 

http://line6.com/footcontrollers/compatibility.html

Same story with the full size board (which I'd prefer)

(NOTE: FBV is NOT compatible with Ax212â„¢, Flextoneâ„¢I, II or HD, POD® Pro, Bass POD®, Bass POD® Pro and Spiderâ„¢.)

http://line6.com/footcontrollers/fbv.html

Anyone know's what's the story? 

Well, the POD HD Pro isn't listed on either of the incompatibility lists. The HD you see there is referring to the Flextone HD - a head version of the Flextone amp. Line 6 has used the "HD" moniker for other product lines not associated with the PODs.

The FBV Shortboard and the FBV "longboard" will work with the HD Pro X, although the  longboard will have quite a few switches that don't do anything.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Yes between the FBV and the pod itself you can control everything.

everything you want on the floorboard will be there including the looper...

you cannot edit your tones on the floorboard though... you would need to do that directly on the pod.

(which is why i elaborated on the response a little... because technically not ALL... but everything you'd likely want on the floor.)

hi guys, thanks for your help! i had the same questions (now solved!!) and one more: it's possible to control ALL the functions of an HD PRO X with the FBV shortboard, i.e. the Looper function and others?

• Upvote 1

Well, the POD HD Pro isn't listed on either of the incompatibility lists. The HD you see there is referring to the Flextone HD - a head version of the Flextone amp. Line 6 has used the "HD" moniker for other product lines not associated with the PODs.

The FBV Shortboard and the FBV "longboard" will work with the HD Pro X, although the  longboard will have quite a few switches that don't do anything.

Will the Wah and Vol pedals BOTH work? I use the wah and vol pedals at the same time and the shortboard doesn't have both.

Can the "switches that don't do anything" on the longboard be assigned for tasks via the software interface?

thanx

you generally can't assign anything or change anything with the FBV pedals...

so in the most general and safe answer no...

but... being not officially supported and the ability to assign midi to switches  in the hd pro and pro x....

it's a possibly maybe... but don't be too mad if it doesn't work :D

also know that there is an external pedal port on the shortboard and you can add an additional pedal (EX1) to the shortboard...

but yes... both pedals will work on the longboard.

Will the Wah and Vol pedals BOTH work? I use the wah and vol pedals at the same time and the shortboard doesn't have both.

Can the "switches that don't do anything" on the longboard be assigned for tasks via the software interface?

thanx

also know that there is an external pedal port on the shortboard and you can add an additional pedal (EX1) to the shortboard...

but yes... both pedals will work on the longboard.

Good that both wah and vol pedals will work.  Have never understood why the newer MkII didn't have both and why there'd be the extra expense for an add-on expression pedal -- made if plastic.

Thanks for your help

I had the longboard.... and it's a HUGE monster... even if they still made it and i wanted 2 expression pedals...

i'd get the shortboard at the EX1... just a bit more compact... and not just the length.. the longboard is all around bulkier...

could be more durable etc... but the shortboard is made well enough for my needs.

the EX1, is alot better than you'd think being simple and plastic, its pretty sturdy.

Good that both wah and vol pedals will work.  Have never understood why the newer MkII didn't have both and why there'd be the extra expense for an add-on expression pedal -- made if plastic.

Thanks for your help

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...