Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Presets with Different Snapshots

rbuckel

I have dabbled in snapshots just one time though I feel like I have an intermediate understanding for snapshots.  However, it seems when I go to create a new preset that the same snapshots appear in the new preset and I can't change them, that is, their names, their settings, the blocks they include/exclude, etc., or create new snapshots without changing the snapshots in the original preset.  It's difficult for me to believe that Helix only allows a total of 8 snapshots globally. There must be a way to have separate snapshots per presets. What am I doing wrong or not understanding? 

Every preset contains 8 snapshots, and those snapshots are independent of what’s happening in any other preset.

Are you creating a copy of an existing preset? If you do that, yeah, all the snapshots that are in the original preset will be in the copy. But you can still edit and rename them as you wish.

Every New Preset has 8 Snapshots whose default names are Snapshot 1 through Snapshot 8. In HX Edit, right click on the name and choose to rename it. Remember to hit the Enter key when done. This will not affect the snapshot names in the original preset (assuming you mean the preset that you copied).

All snapshots share the same preset structure, including the selection and placement of all amps,  cabs, and FX blocks.  You can turn the blocks on/off per snapshot but any change you make in terms of adding, deleting, or rearranging blocks in the preset will affect all snapshots. You can also change the parameters for any of these blocks per snapshot by assigning the parameter to the Snapshot controller.

Also, become familiar with the Global Settings parameter that defines whether changes to snapshots are recalled or discarded when you switch snapshots within a preset before saving the preset (see manual).

Thank Uber Guru. I figured it had be that way. Also, I think I may have copied the original preset to a new preset. That action brings along any snapshots from the original preset ...correct? Should I then be able to change and/or delete the snapshots on the new preset without affecting the original preset snapshots?   

Yes, I am aware of the global settings recall and disregard. Thank you.

Edited by rbuckel
add to reply

Just now, rbuckel said:

Thank Uber Guru. I figured it had be that way. Also, I think I may have copied the original preset to a new preset. That action brings along any snapshots from the original preset ...correct? Should I then be able to change and/or delete the snapshots on the new preset without affecting the original preset snapshots?   

Yes, nothing you do in one preset will have any affect on any other preset.

• Thanks 1