Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Long Delay

b418me

Hello everyone, I am trying to set up a delay like shown in this video (Pink Floyd kind of delay endless layer type, see at 10:15):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xEsL8Od9Tw

Anyways, I have done this with my former Boss GT-100 as well as with my Kemper. I can't find the right settings with my HX Stomp. Assigning the Delay Volume to the expression pedal (as shown in the video) works but when turning down the Delay volume the whole unit/sound is off. With the Boss and Kemper this is not the case but the delay layer sound goes on in the background and you can add a solo over it. What am i doing wrong?

Thanks! Marc 

Yeah, as @spaceatl noted above, you want to control the Mix parameter. Just realize that the Mix control is really a wet/dry balance control, and at 50 you have 100% dry and 100% wet. So if you don't want to affect the dry level, you need start with it at 50 or less and than back off from there.

2 hours ago, b418me said:

I am trying to set up a delay like shown in this video

Hi Marc,

I guess you are referring to the David Gilmour sound on sound effect. If so, check out this video from Glen DeLaune, where he demonstrates the SOS in a patch and does a follow along (starts at 6:55) so you can create your own preset.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

18 hours ago, b418me said:

Assigning the Delay Volume to the expression pedal (as shown in the video) works but when turning down the Delay volume the whole unit/sound is off.

On the HELIX, assign the delay MIX to the EXP, not the LEVEL..  

18 hours ago, b418me said:

What am i doing wrong?

You are assuming that every unit works the same :) 

I'm half kidding, it's a common error we are ALL guilty of. Different company's do things differently & we need to adapt from gear choice to gear choice. 

2 hours ago, b418me said:

Its a little Strange that you have to let the exp all the way Up and Turn Off the effectblock thou.

Even more strange because, the reference video you posted for the SOS effect preset for the GT-100, was created by the very same guy who did the video explaining how to do that identical effect on the Helix - the one and only, most excellent Glen Delaune.

Huh? 

As noted by “codamedia” in the earlier post - “You are assuming that every unit works the same :)”

Oh, well, at least you got it to work.