Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New Dt25 Owner With A Couple Of Questions

xz0so

I just got in my new dt25 head, I hook up to it via L6 link from my hd500. It sounds awesome but l`ve noticed I few issues and I was curious if anyone else has experienced this. When I switch from one patch to another there is an audible pop as the dt25 reconfigures its power section. I don't know if it's important to note this is in low volume mode, haven't tried full volume. Second issue I setup dual amps say a Vox ac 30 and a fender blackface on the same patch. One off and one on, both tied to the same foot switch that way I can a/b between. However sometimes when switching the knobs on the pod and the dt25 are not able to control the selected amp any longer.

Thanks,
Mike

The pop sound is normal when the amp is changing the power section.  Yeah it can be a hassle but I don't know of any amps that reconfigure themselves that way.  I don't use low power mode much.  Since the the firmware update to the HD500 uses the master control it makes the tone much more usable at lower volumes.

I have not done a dual amp patch so can't speak for the other issue.

Yes I just discovered the usefulness of the master on the pod when hooked to the dt25 it really is sweet. Thanks for the input on the patches, I knew I could switch that way, just wanted to make sure that after spending 900 bucks I wasn't getting shorted.

Thanks,

Mike