Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Automation via LFO ?

borgis

Wrong forum. Nobody from L6 monitors this forum.

This is where you go if you're serious about suggestions for changes and improvements:

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/index

Before posting a new idea, please search to see if it's already been proposed. If 100 people vote on the same idea presented 20 different ways, it looks like only 5 people care about it!

Also, post your ideas one at a time. I for one NEVER vote for multiple combined suggestions.

Your suggestion has been made multiple times, so be sure to do a search for LFO and vote for all of them!

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, borgis said:

Used to use similar in fruityloops many samples ago.

D'ya think the line 6 chaps could add something like this to helix?

I doubt we'll ever see these modules in the Helix, as it would mean rethinking a lot of stuff.

Said that, my best move ever with the Helix, was to add a Zoia as a companion, to do all that CV control stuff (LFO, comparators, slew limiters, etc etc), linked to Helix effect params via MIDI. It's now like Helix with a brain.

So would have been great, but it wont happen. :)

• Upvote 1

I've been wondering about plugging one of those new Old Blood Expression Rampers in to one of the Helix expression pedal jacks to bring movement to modulation rates and the like. Haven't tried it myself but it seems like it would do the trick... What I'd love to see eventually, maybe in Helix2, would be an LFO and an input signal dynamics based controller that could be assigned to any parameter at all. That'd be cool...

Yeah, thats why i thought it would be fairly simple to implement since they gave us the dynamic splitter block option. I was quite excited by the splitter when i read about it but was soon dissapointed by its trickyness to control without creative use of compression and tremelo blocks.

Its halfway there, a peak controller is more useful for machine generated signals.