Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Improve the HD500X sound quality by add a new interface

Segomil

Hi,

It's about the preamp quality of the HD500X (which is old) related to vocal.  
If i buy a new interface like the Motu M4 to combine with the HD500X is there any improvement will be heard ... a better sound ?
For now i think about connected the HD500X to the MOTU M4.
The microphone & the guitar will be on the HD500X ... maybe it's a mistake at least for the microphone the SM7b ?!  
I have my guitar sounds from the HD500X that I want to keep ... but about the SM7b i know that the pod give me a lot of gain & a very good noise filter ....but the quality will maybe better directly connected to the MOTU ???

Anyway it's a question of sound improvement !

Also which S-PDIF cable to buy to connect the HD500X to the MOTU ?
Thanks to all

Daniel

1 hour ago, Segomil said:

The microphone & the guitar will be on the HD500X ... maybe it's a mistake

Yes, it would be a mistake,.. connect only the guitar to the POD if you really have better options for the voice..

If you buy another (supposedly better;.. and the Motu M4 could be one) audio interface mainly to get a better mic preamp, the mic should be connected directly to it and not to POD, otherwise this solution would not make sense. In this context the very first pre-amplification encountered by the mic signal is what makes the difference.

In this way, for the effects on the voice you can use only the plugins available in the recording software, for the guitar you can use the effects available in the POD and/or those available in the recording software.

PS.

I just discovered that the two of us have talked about similar topics time ago:

https://line6.com/support/topic/55928-is-a-preamp-like-gap-pre-73-can-be-good-for-the-hd500x/

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips