Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Dt25 Via L6link Plus Podhd500 Standard Trough Pa L/r

QuestforTone

Hi There,

Just installed the DT25 on a cab, now I'm looking for an option, which I can't find at the moment.

I want the DT 25 with i'ts cab, to act as a dry setup via LIne6 Link, in combination with the PODHD500 standard line outs.

So just the straight dry amp sounds from the cab, and (as I played for years now..) the 'corrected' outputs of the POD directly trough PA (With effects).

But: when you plugin the Line6 link, the L-R output of the Pod500 switches to another sound mode, and cannot be used for direct through PA mode.....

I thought it would be nice to have 3 channels of guitar on the FOH, 2x L/R out of the HD500, and 1 straight guitar, miked from the dt25 it's cabinet...? This was one of the reason's for buying the dt25 top.

Greetz, Rig.

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately, I can't edit the setup in the way I described above. When plugging in L6Link, the L=R outputs also switch to "guitar amp in", so direct out of this outputs direct to FOH is impossible.

I think this will also not be possible in future?

The output mode is global...So you get stuck when you use the link since the mode will be combo pwr amp or stack pwr amp depending on the model you have...So if you need cab emulation on the HD LR outs to pull that off when you using the link with a DT50...There's a workaround, but you need more gear to do it because I do not think there would ever be an update that would allow multiple output modes...I don't know this, but it's my best guess...

You could put a couple of Hughes & Kettner Red Box DIs on the LR outputs and that should give something a little more direct friendly...Behringer makes a decent copy of this and it's a bit less expensive...

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/RedBox5?device=c&network=g&matchtype=&gclid=CMbJ6ceZz74CFepAMgodHG0A-A