Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using tuner unmuted - only dry signal?

Johnnyhell666

Hey there folks, 

Is it normal that when I use my HX LT tuner with the output as "multi" I can only hear the DI signal of my guitar and not my actual tone? 

Is there a way for me to do that? Using the HX tuner but keep my tone intact basically, just having the tuner show up so I can tune. 

I need it for a musical where I have to start the musical completely out of tune and have to tune it live but it's hard to end up perfectly right when you have no reference basically 

I've searched online but couldn't find an answer.

Thanks! 

Wild speculation...could be they did it that way because the helix tuner does require some processing for both audio analysis and pixel rendering/animation, so they couldn't offer full working tuning at the same time of a full audio pipeline rendering.

I just keep a mini korg pitchblack just before the helix, out of a volume pedal (the tuner out), works great and it can stay ON all the time. Clip is also fine, just be sure you don't have a nitro finish on your headstock. :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PierM said:

Wild speculation...could be they did it that way because the helix tuner does require some processing for both audio analysis and pixel rendering/animation, so they couldn't offer full working tuning at the same time of a full audio pipeline rendering.

Yes, this is the reason exactly.

• Like 1