Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Volume drop switching between analog bypass

loydall

Hi - I'm getting weird inconsistencies when switching analog bypass on and off. I can have a preset (even with all blocks turned off) which seems to be outputting at an ok volume, I switch to analog bypass and then come out of bypass, back to the patch and the volume can drop considerably. 

There doesn't seem to be any consistency to this behaviour either.

I've also noticed that I can have presets I created that seem to be a bit quiet. I go to create a new, empty preset and the volume straight out of that is higher than the already-created preset. Even when I disable all the blocks and the In-Z is the same.

Any idea why this might happen?

Thanks

9 hours ago, loydall said:

I've also noticed that I can have presets I created that seem to be a bit quiet. I go to create a new, empty preset and the volume straight out of that is higher than the already-created preset. Even when I disable all the blocks and the In-Z is the same.

Any idea why this might happen?

There are many places volume can be adjusted in a preset besides the obvious blocks that you insert. 

• Check the output blocks on each preset
  • If there is a SPLIT path, then you need to check BOTH the SPLIT and MERGE settings
  • If all effects are bypassed... the SPLIT still happens unless you actually turn it off. 
  • You have mentioned the input Z... but if you have that set to AUTO then it "may" change from preset to preset depending on many factors. Make sure you test with a FIXED setting. 
9 hours ago, loydall said:

Hi - I'm getting weird inconsistencies when switching analog bypass on and off

Admittedly I never use "analog bypass" so I don't have any direct experience with that. 

Thanks - yes, checked all of the above and Input Z isn't set to auto.

It's odd, it can actually change switching between preset (volume ok), analog bypass (volume ok) and then back to preset where the volume drops. Like - the process of switching between preset and analog bypass somehow changes the volume of the preset.

• Thanks 1