Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

What MIDI cable do I need for the POD XT?

Greetings all and happy new year! I recently discovered a POD XT I purchased a while back and was in the process of updating it and the firmware update wasn't possible because I'm missing the correct cable. I'm connected to my Macbook Pro via USB. Also how can I tell which firmware is currently installed? I've looked but none of the things I read about and try seem to work. 

Use the Support tab at the top of this page. From there select Knowledge Base. Scroll down to the POD section and select Podxt family. The 6th item in the list is what you want. (I tried to post the link here but it failed for some reason).

You don’t need a midi cable.

I am not sure, but I think if that XT still has factory firmware, you will need a midi interface to update it. IIRC, when XT and XTL were released it was over a year before the USB support came along....I know this was true for the XTL...XT was the first modeler Line 6 did that used USB...There is a screen in the XT some place where you can see the firmware version, maybe on startup. I gave mine to my brother, so I can't check it out at the moment, but if you are on an Intel Mac (Not M1, that will not work with XT ever...they are not updating it.), you likely need a midi interface to get it up to a point where USB was supported...

It turned out that Line 6 updated the drivers in order for USB and MIDI to function properly weren't being installed because the privacy settings in my Macbook Pro needed to be adjusted in order to allow the updates to be installed - so problem solved! 

21 hours ago, steelhorse said:

It turned out that Line 6 updated the drivers in order for USB and MIDI to function properly weren't being installed because the privacy settings in my Macbook Pro needed to be adjusted in order to allow the updates to be installed - so problem solved! 

Good news. man that was a blast from the past...