Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Poly Capo sounds like a pitch shift

pmccarthy19

Hello Helix Gurus!

I'm trying to use the Poly Capo in order to make my guitar that tuned for D standard to sound like a guitar tuned in C standard.

I decreased the interval by 2 but instead of it sounding like a guitar tuned for C standard it sounds lower but the are harmonies with each chord or not I play.

Is there a setting I'm forgetting to set or am I completely misunderstanding how to use Poly Capo.  I did follow a tutorial on You Tube it seemed to work for them.  Why not me! haha

I attached a screen capture of my configuration.  Hopefully somebody will see some simple mistake I made. 

Thank you!!

PolyCapoIssue.PNG

As with any sort of pitch shifting... the actual guitar doesn't change so if you can still hear it in any way, it will not sound right. 

Put on a set of headphones so you can only hear the processed tone, NONE of the natural tone from the guitar.

As for the MIX... it MUST be set to 100% or the natural and effected tone will mix together... you do not want that.

A mix of 42% (as shown in the image) will sound terrible. 

• Upvote 3

On 1/11/2022 at 3:30 PM, kduck said:

Try changing the mix to 100%.

1 hour ago, themetallikid said:

The mix has to be at 100% otherwise your getting 50/50 of the guitars tuning and the effects block's affected tuning. which would sound horrible.

1 hour ago, codamedia said:

As for the MIX... it MUST be set to 100% or the natural and effected tone will mix together... you do not want that. A mix of 42% (as shown in the diagram) will sound terrible. 

Might want to double-check the mix :P

• Upvote 1