Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Help! Pod Go dead after update!

WilsonCF

Hi - I have just attempted to update my Pod Go to the latest version by following the instructions on the Line 6 website.

It is the first time I have attempted to do the update, so I was careful how I did it.

Firstly I downloaded the latest Pod Go edit. This installed ok.

The PC recognized the Pod Go, and advised that there was an update available. I clicked on this and then did a backup, which saved fine (I hope).

I then commenced the software update. The Pod Go went dark and the screen said 'updating'. The PC said that the software update was complete, but the Pod Go screen still said 'updating'.

After about 40 mins of nothing changing, I figured the Pod Go had locked up, so I turned the power off and on again.

Now it doesn't boot properly; the Pod Go screen comes on but with just the outer red border image and no text at all, and the PC says no device connected! (see photos attached)

I've also tried holding down buttons C & D while powering on, as per instructions I found, but NOTHING is working!!!!

Please somebody help! My Pod Go is now a useless lump of metal - I wish I hadn't tried to do the updates now as it was working fine the way it was!  

PC L6 Edit screen.jpg

PodGo Screen.jpg

Suggest you log  a ticket with Line 6 support, explain exactly as you have here and they should be able to help you resolve. 

If you connected to a front USB on your PC, try connecting to the rear USB and see if via PG Edit it might update.

How new is your Pod Go? If it's still very new see if the retailer might be prepared to replace it. 

Thanks voxman55 - unfortunately the Pod Go is not new enough to just send it back for a replacement. I've tried different USB ports - will try a different PC next, but really?!

The annoying thing is that I'm not a computer programmer, I'm a musician and I've just done what the manufacturer recommended. Now I'm spending my time trying to fix this instead of recording the music I had hoped to today! So wish I'd just ignored the advice to update! 

1 hour ago, WilsonCF said:

Thanks voxman55 - unfortunately the Pod Go is not new enough to just send it back for a replacement. I've tried different USB ports - will try a different PC next, but really?!

The annoying thing is that I'm not a computer programmer, I'm a musician and I've just done what the manufacturer recommended. Now I'm spending my time trying to fix this instead of recording the music I had hoped to today! So wish I'd just ignored the advice to update! 

I totally appreciate your frustration. The v1.30 was a big update so was well worth going for. 

OK, couple of things. Restore to C&D is no good because you have a failed update.  First thing to try is the PAGE> reset

"Here are the common button combinations for POD Go when attempting a factory reset or troubleshooting. To perform any of these, start with the POD Go turned off, then flip on the power switch while holding down the buttons below for 5-8 seconds. It's helpful to have your presets backed up or saved to your PC or Mac computer, before performing a factory reset.

C & D - Factory Restore (Restores all factory settings)
A & B - Clears Everything (Clears all presets, factory settings will not load)
PAGE > - Update mode (helpful for any interrupted or failed updates)"

If Pod Go still won't allow an update, what was the firmware version in your Pod Go that that you were trying to update from?  Was this the first update you've done since buying your Pod Go?

If it was a much older version eg v1.10/1.11 you might not be able to jump to v1.30 & I have a suspicion this might be the problem and the reason you've bricked might be because v1.30 didn't recognise your older firmware.  It's possible you might need to upgrade to an earlier version first eg v1.21 and then go to v1.30 (which means an earlier version of Pod Go Edit too).  This is because the Pod Go updates are intended to work cumulatively - in other words, Line 6 assume that you've gone through all the previous updates.  Some updates might therefore be partial 'building blocks' to update from the previous version but aren't the whole (for lack of another expression) 'operating system'.  Therefore, try installing (or reinstalling) v1.21 first.  If that doesn't work, go right back to v1.11 - if it takes it, upgrade to v1.21, and then v1.30.  

All the links with instructions & the relevant PG Edit versions for that update are here:https://line6.com/support/page/kb/pod/pod-go/

Keep us posted as to how you get on.

Yeh, unfortunately before I started I read that I could jump straight to v1.30 without going through v1.21 first, and yes this was the first time I've tried to update it.

tried two different PC's now - problem is nothing can see the Pod Go now and no combination of held buttons on power up seems to do anything!

I'll try and get it back to v1.11 first and if successful will move on from there. Thanks again, will keep you posted!

5 hours ago, WilsonCF said:

Yeh, unfortunately before I started I read that I could jump straight to v1.30 without going through v1.21 first, and yes this was the first time I've tried to update it.

tried two different PC's now - problem is nothing can see the Pod Go now and no combination of held buttons on power up seems to do anything!

I'll try and get it back to v1.11 first and if successful will move on from there. Thanks again, will keep you posted!

Where did you read that out of interest?  

OK, so I found this whereby you use the line 6 updater not Pod Go Edit:

Also found this helpful video:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I should have pointed out that I found the above text here - which has all the info on the latest update and the page that I followed to install it :(

POD Go 1.30 - POD Go - Line 6 Community

It's also worth pointing out that this is the page that came up when I did a Google search on 'Line 6 Pod Go latest update'

and as it is on Line 6.com, it seemed like the best place to be.....

Today I'm going to delete everything I have Line 6 from my PC (other than my back up file) and then start from scratch again with the v1 Line 6 edit, drivers, and firmware. I'll follow the instructions in the Line6Tony video and see how I get on.

Ok the plot thickens.....

Today I've spent a few hours trying to get this Pod Go to re-awaken. Following the advice in the Line6Tony video above, along with some almost identical instructions from Line 6 support, this is where I am.

I uninstalled everything Line 6 from my PC and restarted the PC.

I downloaded Line 6 edit, the drivers etc from scratch along with Line 6 updater.

I booted the Pod Go into update mode by holding down page > (right) whilst turning on. THEN I connected the PG to the PC (this does seem to make a difference as I'll go on to later)

The good news is that the updater software now sees the PG. I tried over the course of a few hours to load up various versions of the firmware, but each time the update starts but then stops and I get an error message! It seems to want to load but crashes every time. I've had no better success trying to load v1.1 than v1.3 - it doesn't seem to make any difference.

I've found that disconnecting and turning everything off helps to get the update started - if you leave it connected, or don't restart the PC even, the update doesn't even get started before it crashes. It's also worth pointing out that I have nothing else running on the PC at all, and no screen saver or sleep mode kicking in.

So, I'll continue trying, but am losing faith by the minute! :( 

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Success! I'm happy to report that my Line 6 'Won't Go' is now a Pod Go again!!! :)

Support suggested I load the firmware offline from a Flash file that is available from the same location as all the other stuff; firmware, updater, edit etc.

So I downloaded the flash file and tried loading it using updater and in update mode (power on whilst holding down page> (right) on the Pod Go)

At first the same thing happened - it started to load but then crashed.

I changed to a different PC (which didn't work yesterday whilst online) and it worked straight away in offline mode! Happy days.

NOTE: If you are logged in to your account, updater doesn't mention 'offline mode' but you need to choose the 'local file' option at the start/top of the list - you then locate the downloaded flash file on your computer - it's a .hxf file - in my case it was in my downloads folder.

If you are not logged in to your account, updater gives you the option to work offline.

Since then, I have done a factory restore (hold down C & D buttons and turn on) which means I can see all the new stuff in v1.3, and I have loaded my backup with my user patches in tact, plus some IR's that I purchased awhile ago.

Everything working and sounding great. Faith restored

Thanks for all your help with this - it wasn't much fun, but I got there in the end!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

Hi everyone,

my pod go has a problem of booting up too. I already perform many firmware update but nothing. sometimes it boots sometimes not. I also noticed that when i enter in update mode and then plug it to pc then turn it off and on straight away it boots normally and show de logo line6. When used without usb cable the pod go just wont boot up. i really dont if it is related to it 

Please guys i really need your help because i can't return it :'( .

kwanteau  

On 1/18/2022 at 3:27 PM, WilsonCF said:

Success! I'm happy to report that my Line 6 'Won't Go' is now a Pod Go again!!! :)

Support suggested I load the firmware offline from a Flash file that is available from the same location as all the other stuff; firmware, updater, edit etc.

So I downloaded the flash file and tried loading it using updater and in update mode (power on whilst holding down page> (right) on the Pod Go)

At first the same thing happened - it started to load but then crashed.

I changed to a different PC (which didn't work yesterday whilst online) and it worked straight away in offline mode! Happy days.

NOTE: If you are logged in to your account, updater doesn't mention 'offline mode' but you need to choose the 'local file' option at the start/top of the list - you then locate the downloaded flash file on your computer - it's a .hxf file - in my case it was in my downloads folder.

If you are not logged in to your account, updater gives you the option to work offline.

Since then, I have done a factory restore (hold down C & D buttons and turn on) which means I can see all the new stuff in v1.3, and I have loaded my backup with my user patches in tact, plus some IR's that I purchased awhile ago.

Everything working and sounding great. Faith restored

Thanks for all your help with this - it wasn't much fun, but I got there in the end!!

Hi there! Same problem. I've tryed everything above.  I can't find the .hxf file. How can I dowload it to save it localy? 
My Pod go is still new, so I guess I'll have to return it if I can't fixit by my selfe.

1) Go to this link. https://line6.com/software/index.html

2) Select Pod Go, Firmware, Windows 10 and hit the Go button.

image.thumb.png.6340c769d9f9f6bd9000865d095486c7.png

3) You should see the firmware 1.40 release notes. Scroll down until you see the blue Get Download button at the end of the release notes. (There's more than one set of release notes so don't just scroll to the bottom of the page.) 

image.png.dd4c93eab32ace5f30dacb4ff4d8635a.png

4) After clicking Get Download and agreeing to the terms you machine will download the firmware file.