Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Captain-D

1 hour ago, Captain-D said:

HI!

I have a faves of chase bliss audio
Do you think I can do something with the HX effects via MIDI?
I think it could be interesting

If all the "faves" midi pedal does is banks/presets.... it won't be very interesting. All you'll do is change a couple presets. 

If it can be programmed to do CC numbers/values, then it could be interesting. 

1 hour ago, PierM said:

...this place definitely needs a full set of emoticons... :P

1 hour ago, cruisinon2 said:

On a site that's still sporting a cutting edge late-90's design? ;)

Investing in a better forum SW for it's unpaid support staff would be a terrible drain on Yamaha's profit margin.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Captain-D said:

HI!

I have a faves of chase bliss audio
Do you think I can do something with the HX effects via MIDI?
I think it could be interesting

You need to compare the MIDI section of the Chase Bliss manual to the CommandCenter section of the HXFX manual.

For my experience, Poly Beebo and Empress Zoia are the only capable to "automate" effects with the use of some logic (comparators, slew limiters, VCAs, etc etc), all through MIDI protocol, for every single param in the Helix. Assuming this is what you were asking for. 

For example, I did create some smart controls for the Helix Reverbs, that are raising decay and mix in relationship to signal dynamics, so that the reverb does stay quieter in a busy phrasing, and kick in where there is room to do that. This is good for long ambient reverbs, that tends to be boomy on busy playing, but they are beautiful when things slows down or at the end of a phrase. Or another smart thing you could do with these toys, is to make helix doing something specific with any effect param you need to automate, as soon as you play a specific note on the instrument. It's lot of fun, but isn't stuff you can do with that chase bliss pedal, whatever it is. :)

• Upvote 1