Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Screen glitch due to footswitch name length

jklookk

My display started glitching (funny streaks of random characters at the bottom) whenever I turned pedals on/off using the pedal mode. I thought I had a defective unit, but started poking around before taking it in for repair. I renamed one of the footswitch with a backslash in the name and thought that might be the issue. When I removed it, no more glitches. But that was not the actual problem. The problem was that I had more than 16 characters in the name. I discovered that if I limited the footswitch name to 16 chars or less there were no more display glitches. So glad I don't have to take it in for warranty repair!  Hope this helps someone. 

It's a known issue - see the v1.30 notes here right at the end. It will be fixed in the next firmware update but temp fix as below:

Known Issues in 1.30

• If many parameters are assigned to the expression pedal, POD Go Edit may fail to reflect some parameters' correct Min and Max values
  • In some cases, loading a .WAV file into the currently active IR slot can cause the block to cease passing audio until a different IR location is selected
  • When Modulation > Chorus' WavShape is set to "Saw Up" or "Saw Down," the block collapses the signal to mono when after the Amp block
  • A minor thump may be heard when loading a Distortion > Kinky Boost, Dhyana Drive, or Tycoctavia Fuzz
  • In rare cases, if Delay > Glitch Delay is in the active preset, performing a firmware update can cause POD Go to freeze on the splash screen
  • Renamed footswitch assignments that are at the character limit and also contain special characters may cause lines to temporarily appear along the bottom of the screen when toggled. Please shorten the customized name by 1 character to avoid this as a temporary workaround until this is addressed in a future release.
  • POD Go Edit—After copying/pasting an Input or Output block “Failed to undo edit buffer: …" can appear
  • POD GO Edit—Adjusting some parameters can fail to display the preset name in a dirty state (italics)