Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects based board WITH Boss MD-500

wildcatstrat41

So I'm currently running my HX Effects into the front end of my DSM & Humboldt Simplifier dlx with an Eventide Timefactor delay and Source Audio Ventris reverb in the effects loops of the Simplifier. I came from a TC Electronic Plethora x5, and I have a trade offer for it from a guy for a Boss MD-500 plus cash on his end. My question is, would it be crazy to go for it and put the Md-500 in the effects loops of the Simplifier and keep the hx effects as my "everything going into the front end"/midi controller solution? I figure I'm already controlling the Timefactor and Ventris in the loop via midi commands, so it wouldn't be a big deal adding another midi controllable pedal. I know that some mod effects sound better in front end vs effects loop and vise versa, so I could dedicate the boss for the loop and the built in hx effects for the front end. Anybody done a side by side comparison of the two? If the Boss's mods aren't distinctly better than the mod effects on the hx effects, I'd be hesitant to have money tied up in the MD-500. 

2 hours ago, Nylander88 said:

If you have time for during a lunch break, Rabea is great!

I actually watched a good bit of that video yesterday lol.  Dude is a great player!  I was hoping someone might have a direct comparison between the MD-500 and the HX Effects modulation effects.  If the Boss isn't gonna give me anything better or different, I'll likely pass on the trade.  I wish there was something similar to the Destroyer setting ala Strymon Mobius, but it seems like that is found nowhere else.  

• Haha 1