Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Neo Replacement Speaker for DT 50 (1x12 or 2x12)?

leperclown

Don't do that. These are not all analog tube amps, the digital side might not like it.

Looking over the specs and frequency response curves,... it''s close, but not close enough.

Stick to the specified parts.

Outcome? If the power to speaker is not match and the speaker fails or the tubes and speakers fail,

it can take down the system. That would leave it un-repairable. Stick to specified parts (tubes, speakers,

et al). Don't try to hot rod, a Bogner hot rod it will just blow something.

Line 6 does not support modifications to it's product. If something fails we won't be able to help you.

Further complicated by the fact that it is now a legacy product.

I don't want to see your amp on my repair bench.

• 1 year later...
On 1/25/2022 at 10:43 AM, psarkissian said:

Don't do that. These are not all analog tube amps, the digital side might not like it.

Looking over the specs and frequency response curves,... it''s close, but not close enough.

Stick to the specified parts.

Outcome? If the power to speaker is not match and the speaker fails or the tubes and speakers fail,

it can take down the system. That would leave it un-repairable. Stick to specified parts (tubes, speakers,

et al). Don't try to hot rod, a Bogner hot rod it will just blow something.

Line 6 does not support modifications to it's product. If something fails we won't be able to help you.

Further complicated by the fact that it is now a legacy product.

I don't want to see your amp on my repair bench.

Partev,

Maybe a silly question, Yes, I know you state use the same speakers, although how should one choose a cabinet/speakers for a DT50 or DT25 Head? Or even with the DT50 212 vs 112, same amp yet different wattage on the 212 speakers(90W+60W) & the 112 is a 90W speaker? This seems a little confusing. 

Jd

Program for the heads are different, and slight difference in other places to accommodate different 3rd party cabinets.

Modeling program for the heads is designed for that, program for the combos are not. Been that way since Spider III and Spider Valve.

As I've said before, these are not all analog tube amps, so you can't get away with doing the kinds of things we used to

do in the all analog tube amp days (circa early 1970's).

Had this chat with a audio test analyst guy here, as we both used to work at JBL (or JBL/UREI in my case). Was picking

his brain a while back for my prior comment, as he was dealing with some Neodymium speaker testing that week. Hence

my prior comment.

On 3/23/2023 at 2:02 PM, psarkissian said:

Program for the heads are different, and slight difference in other places to accommodate different 3rd party cabinets.

Modeling program for the heads is designed for that, program for the combos are not. Been that way since Spider III and Spider Valve.

As I've said before, these are not all analog tube amps, so you can't get away with doing the kinds of things we used to

do in the all analog tube amp days (circa early 1970's).

Had this chat with a audio test analyst guy here, as we both used to work at JBL (or JBL/UREI in my case). Was picking

his brain a while back for my prior comment, as he was dealing with some Neodymium speaker testing that week. Hence

my prior comment.

Thanks Partev. 

Having said that, with a DT25 head, would the external cabinet with a 15W 16Ω VOX Blue be OK? Thanks in advance!

Jd