Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

What a weird.. life...

amenity421

I went through a traumatic experience last night. My wife attempted to take her own life in our kitchen with a bread knife. I hurried our 4 year old into my other child (he's 11) and called 911. The paramedics came and took her to the hospital and she was released from there around midnight. She has been home since but we've barely spoken. I know she's hurting but with everything that's gone on in our relationship I'm not sure how much more i can take. I love my wife but she's made things incredibly difficult in the past two years. The world is a crazy place and we should take better care of each other.

Sorry to be such a downer, I'll provide some levity.. I took my 11 year old to his mom's today and brought the 4 year old along. We hit the GameStop and then grabbed some lunch. He picked a PS4 game called Bee Simulator. We were playing it together tonight and the level had a stage with a band set up. Being a guitarist and gear junkie, naturally I checked out the gear. I love how accurate it was. There's a recrifier and a Line 6 Spider! Also, they even changed the headstock on the Gibson to avoid a lawsuit!see attachments

20220126_220049.jpg

20220126_220029.jpg

I've had a few days to reflect on this and I'm definitely seeking help. I hope my wife will do the same. So far, she's kind of avoiding the topic. But that can't last. I'm planning to drop pur son somewhere tomorrow and talk to her. My managers are fantastic and helped with a lot of resources and I'm to take as much time as I need. I appreciate the kind words of support. Especially over the internet. I posted here because i really didn't know what else to do at the time.

I take the opposite approach. 

Tell the woman to use a sharp knife next time - to make sure she gets it done right. 

And as far as what I've been told about marriage - a husband and wife not speaking to each other sounds like heaven. 

Better than having her nag all the time.

I think we're past counseling. I asked her to go to inpatient treatment and she refused. I asked her to leave and give me space, she refused. I called her mother, she brought two crisis councilors, she remains in my home. No one seems to grasp that she cut herself bad enough to receive 26 stitches, in front of our four year old, to me, that makes her a danger to herself and others. I will likely need to remove her from the lease (if my landlord wants to do that), cut the utilities and wait for her to leave.

I can't in good conscience keep my children In the same home with her. I feel for her and her sickness but I can't support her if she refuses to seek real help.

I should clarify, we are not legally married nor does our state recognize common law marriage. I call her my wife since we've been together 10 years and have a child together. So legally, meh. This hurts a lot but i need her away for a while and I need to keep my kids in a routine.

@pianoguyy Yikes man...

That’s a tough situation man. I hope it works out for everyone involved. 

I don’t have any solid advice cause the only experience I have is a relationship I thought was serious with a woman who was bipolar and lucky for me I dodged a knife to my head while sleeping on the floor not to mention a few other weird things leading up to that. 

We always hope we know the person we love but sometimes no matter what we do we don’t. 

Best Wishes to and yours. 

• 3 months later...