Jump to content

Pod Go 1.40 is in development


voxman55
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just to keep you all posted, we picked up from Digital Igloo on 'The Gear Page' that Pod Go should be getting some things (but not the big DSP heavy stuff) from the new Helix 3.15 firmware.  Obviously this won't be until after helix 3.15 has been launched, but it's good to know Pod Go will be getting a firmware upgrade.  However, before anyone asks or posts a wish list, I think it's reasonable to say following discussions on TGP that Line 6 won't be adding to Pod Go DSP info, additional blocks, or the ability to remove the amp/cab blocks.  

 

"Still don't know exactly what'll fit (last I heard, only one model from 3.15 is too big), but when Helix/HX 3.15 drops, you should have a pretty good idea of what's in store for POD Go 1.4.
Not much longer now (Edit: for Helix/HX 3.15). We have a release candidate. Fingers crossed."

 

Do you want some extra blocks in Pod Go?

If yes, and if you haven't yet done so, please go to Ideascale and vote for this (and please vote for each request as there are several): line6.ideascale.com 

This is where Line 6 looks to see support for requested new features.  Line 6 are anti this currently but recent discussions on TGP suggest that they might not be completely opposed to at least consider this if there is sufficient support on Ideascale that justifies its consideration here (no guarantees/promises of course).  So, if you do want this to be added, please vote! 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, OmegaSlayer said:

I just hope one day LINE6 will allow us to ditch the expression pedals for a compressor

 

Line 6, together with loads  and loads of folk on forum boards, YouTube, Facebook etc etc (including myself)  have repeatedly explained why that's simply not possible. The DSP used by the fixed blocks is very small and a small fixed amount of DSP is reserved for each of these. Think of them as being in a container that can only hold a tennis ball...you can have a different wah or a different volume because these are a different colour tennis ball but are all around the same size. Other fx like a compressor need DSP that are between a football and a beach ball size. You can't fit a football into a tennis ball sized container. And that's why you can't replace any of these fixed blocks with a different fx. Its also why the acoustic simulator can only be seen as an option in the main EQ section, and not in the fixed block EQ section ...because it's a football and if you want it, you have to put it in a user block! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/2/2022 at 10:21 AM, voxman55 said:

 

Line 6, together with loads  and loads of folk on forum boards, YouTube, Facebook etc etc (including myself)  have repeatedly explained why that's simply not possible. The DSP used by the fixed blocks is very small and a small fixed amount of DSP is reserved for each of these. Think of them as being in a container that can only hold a tennis ball...you can have a different wah or a different volume because these are a different colour tennis ball but are all around the same size. Other fx like a compressor need DSP that are between a football and a beach ball size. You can't fit a football into a tennis ball sized container. And that's why you can't replace any of these fixed blocks with a different fx. Its also why the acoustic simulator can only be seen as an option in the main EQ section, and not in the fixed block EQ section ...because it's a football and if you want it, you have to put it in a user block! 

 

Hi! In my personal experience, I found a simple hack in the web (theres is a youtube video too) wich allows you to free three more blocks deleting the wah pedal block, the volume pedal block, and the loop block.

I delete the fx loop block and the volume pedal, sinces de volume EXP 2 pedal can be assigned in other parameter (outpul level for example). keep the wah couse I like it.

I been using this for a month and no problem. obviously reaching  the DSP limit is Up to you. but the free blocks are there, and if you use light dsp effects, you can add ODs and delays and modulations in ONE preset.

Just no undestand why line 6 doesn't allow us to do this "legally" by the interface. lot of us dont use the fx loop block, or the volume block. is a really easy mod.

 

I can share the modded preset if anyone is interested. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Its not a hack. Its a JSON script change in the .pgp template and there are lots of variations Including one that can even give 10 user blocks. Line 6 are aware.

 

If you want the feature legitimately, please go onto ideascale and vote for each request for this as this is the only thing they might pay attention too. They don't include it because of their ideology. They dont want to increase the number of greyouts that users might experience.

 

Line 6 increased the blocks in HX Stomp from 6 to 8 but this coincided with polypitcg effects being added and folk complained about the DSP drain. Hence they are very reluctant to add blocks to Pod Go. But recent posts on The Gear Page suggest that if sufficient votes are evidenced on Ideascale, the door might not be completely closed here.

 

Digital Igloo said "Feel free to keep pushing the expanded block thing, too (stranger things have happened), and IdeaScale is the place to get the most eyes on it."

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/2/2022 at 2:21 PM, voxman55 said:

 

Line 6, together with loads  and loads of folk on forum boards, YouTube, Facebook etc etc (including myself)  have repeatedly explained why that's simply not possible. The DSP used by the fixed blocks is very small and a small fixed amount of DSP is reserved for each of these. Think of them as being in a container that can only hold a tennis ball...you can have a different wah or a different volume because these are a different colour tennis ball but are all around the same size. Other fx like a compressor need DSP that are between a football and a beach ball size. You can't fit a football into a tennis ball sized container. And that's why you can't replace any of these fixed blocks with a different fx. Its also why the acoustic simulator can only be seen as an option in the main EQ section, and not in the fixed block EQ section ...because it's a football and if you want it, you have to put it in a user block! 

Since the hack is around, it would be better for Line6 to release their own version

I'm usually very very basic with my FX chain and never use FX that are expensive on the DSP, so it would help me a lot, and I would like to not resort on the JSON hack

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, OmegaSlayer said:

Since the hack is around, it would be better for Line6 to release their own version

I'm usually very very basic with my FX chain and never use FX that are expensive on the DSP, so it would help me a lot, and I would like to not resort on the JSON hack

It's not a hack, just a script change. But I agree and have been trying to campaign for two additional blocks but Line 6 is very reluctant to consider this. Tons of stuff on this, look for my Ideascale post. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, voxman55 said:

It's not a hack, just a script change. But I agree and have been trying to campaign for two additional blocks but Line 6 is very reluctant to consider this. Tons of stuff on this, look for my Ideascale post. 

I call it hack, as it erases some script to make a piece of software to work as it's not intended to

Yeah man, I voted your ideas, at least 3

 

I repeat myself, it's useless to be reluctant/stubborn when there is a workaround, which proves at least 2 things: it can be done and people wants it

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, OmegaSlayer said:

I call it hack, as it erases some script to make a piece of software to work as it's not intended to

Yeah man, I voted your ideas, at least 3

 

I repeat myself, it's useless to be reluctant/stubborn when there is a workaround, which proves at least 2 things: it can be done and people wants it

Problem is...how do we convince Line 6?? The posts on forums and FB pages and Ideascale are a drop in the ocean as compared to the numbers of Pod Go customers. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

         So far I am loving my pod go. I switched from my RP1000 and have been gigging with my pod go for several months and it really hasn't let me down. The one operational thing for me that is missing, that I don't believe would create any DSP issues, would be the availability of a hybrid stomp/preset mode like the RP1000 does. You could have the bottom row of switches to toggle between presets in the selected bank and have the top row assignable to any function within the presets as you can now including snapshots. I would set up 7/8 with a dual switch to bank up and down. Maybe there is a way of doing this already and I haven't figured it out yet. To not have to choose between stomp and preset mode would be a game changer for me.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did the script edit out of the box for one additional free block and it added a huge amount of flexibility. Hope they recognize and add that in some way so future firmware recognizes it and we don't lose it. I use this as a gig backup to the Helix and its not paramount it remains but it made my life in interface usability and getting "close enough" fast a game changer. I've faced a couple DSP challenges that don't dissuade me from thinking differently about patches and getting very close for cover work. Moreover, for the price of the Pod Go to the Helix, that added functionality "felt right" in terms of value/cost/feature set. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I want better POD Go's factory presets and tone. Tone and presets are not impressive to compare to Headrush Mx5, Ampero Hotone tones etc... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, daai said:

I want better POD Go's factory presets and tone. Tone and presets are not impressive to compare to Headrush Mx5, Ampero Hotone tones etc... 

I really don't see that as an important area of development.
The factory presets are just starting points to show case a particular amp and a selection of effects. They are usually created by 3rd party players like John Cordy, Jason Sedites etc.

 

Just like a real physical amp or pedal you select the settings to your liking.

 

When I first got PG, I went through the presets and found half-dozen I like and played around with those. Then I just created my own presets with the amps I liked and added pedals, delays, reverb etc around them.

 

So I don't see this as an area that needs work by Line 6 for now.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, daai said:

I want better POD Go's factory presets and tone. Tone and presets are not impressive to compare to Headrush Mx5, Ampero Hotone tones etc... 

 

Clearly you're not happy with Pod Go which is fine because no one product can suit everyone and there are different products around the market so you have plenty of choice to try other mfx such as Headrush, Ampero, Boss, Zoom, Mooer etc. 

 

Each unit will have its pros and cons and USPs.  There is no such thing as the best MFX, only the MFX that is best for you. 

 

Regarding presets, all MFX are criticised for presets by at least some customers. The common problem is that these are all created with different gear and that may not sound the same with your gear.  So these should be viewed purely as ideas and to show the type of things the unit can do.

 

No modern MFX is plug and play and a common theme is that folk will need to learn how to get the best from any particular MFX and for some users that may mean a steeper learning curve to really understand and learn about tone, EQ, effects, cab, amp, mic types, fx chain order etc. 

 

Folk also need to think carefully about how they are using Pod Go. Headphones - studio monitoring grade rather than HiFi headphones are typically best. With an amp, going through the front end will colour tone. Going through an fx return or 4 cable are other options but your amp speaker will influence tone, so turning cabs off might be a good option.  

 

Listening through studio or FRFR speakers or a guitar amp will all sound very different and factory presets won't suit every option without at least some tweaking. 

 

So good luck in your search. But I suspect you need to take a step back and re- examine your understanding of your gear and Pod Go.  If it's a great solution with great tone for so many customers, you need to be honest and conclude that your tonal dissatisfaction is likely to be more down to your own inexperience of tone and/or using Pod Go rather than an inherent problem with Pod Go itself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Boss new stuff has been released, it's in the same price range of the Pod-Go, I think Line6 must work around the DSP use with some optimization and push the Go a bit more if they want to stay competitive

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, OmegaSlayer said:

Boss new stuff has been released, it's in the same price range of the Pod-Go, I think Line6 must work around the DSP use with some optimization and push the Go a bit more if they want to stay competitive

 

I agree. The new GX100 looks quite impressive and is well priced. Up to 15 blocks inc 2 amp blocks, 150 fx, no fixed blocks, multi routing, touch colour screen and the AIRD from the GT1000. Typical Boss built like a tank construction, and with multi output settings to match different amps, FRFR, PA etc. It also has Bluetooth for controlling via phone.  It doesn't have anything like the number of amp models in Pod Go but personally I think 23 AIRD guitar and bass amp models should be plenty if they are good quality. 

 

I'm just a little disappointed though that the touch screen isn't a bit bigger and that the UI doesn't look better ie pics of amps, pedals instead of faceless blocks.  I think Boss slightly dropped the ball here. The Headrush is way better here and even the Zoom G11 looks a bit nicer, but the GX100 screen reportedly works well and is smooth and fast. 

 

In the UK this will initially be £499 ( but will likely be a bit lower as stores get stocks and compete), around £140 more than Pod Go at £359, so pricing is intelligently set to make it attractive if you want the features. 

 

I've not heard the GT1000 so I don't know how it compares sonically to Pod Go with the Boss AIRD modelling. Reportedly, it's supposed to give a more amp in the room feel which, if bona fide, could make it of interest for gigging players. I'm intrigued to hear one next to my Pod Go.  

 

I think it will be interesting to see whether Line 6 has any new gear up its sleeve e.g. a Pod Go mk2 or a lower priced Helix LT mk2.  Pod Go only came out 2 years ago, so assuming Line 6 expect a longer shelf life for it, I think they'll now need to seriously think about adding 2 more blocks and releasing the amp block from being a fixed block. But they can't increase the Pod Go's processing power so Pod Go sales are now likely to take a hit. 

 

I don't think Zoom, Mooer, Ampero were ever regarded as a serious threat by Line 6, but Boss is a major player, are highly respected, have a reputation for quality and robustness, and have a good customer service infrastructure.  So I think the GX100 could be a big threat to them not only 're Pod Go but other Helix products e.g. Helix Stomp/XL, and perhaps even Helix LT.  It may not be able to do everything LT can but at only 7lbs 12oz it's smaller and a lot lighter than LT. And for folk that want dual routing, and 2 amps at once, LT is still expensive...£899  from Andertons, ie £400 more! 

 

Will certainly be interesting to see how well the GX100 does and whether it might put pressure on Line 6 to respond in some way. 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As an average Joe with low-ish budget to direct to gear/hobby my experience with guitar processor units has always been with Boss and Line6 products, and I must say that so far I enjoyed the Line6 has always been much better than with the Boss products

 

This also means that I won't purchase anything in the foreseeable future, nor change my PodGo (which I0m happy with), but I surely hope Line6 will put some more gas in it

 

As @voxman55 said, DSP power can't be increased, but surely some software optimization can be done, as it is something very common to be able to squeeze some power from a processor when you are used to it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I really wish there was away to assign switches for the looper, record/overdub to FS7 and play/stop to FS8
way less switching and toggling through view modes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/3/2022 at 8:50 AM, sebabetto said:

 

Hi! In my personal experience, I found a simple hack in the web (theres is a youtube video too) wich allows you to free three more blocks deleting the wah pedal block, the volume pedal block, and the loop block.

I delete the fx loop block and the volume pedal, sinces de volume EXP 2 pedal can be assigned in other parameter (outpul level for example). keep the wah couse I like it.

I been using this for a month and no problem. obviously reaching  the DSP limit is Up to you. but the free blocks are there, and if you use light dsp effects, you can add ODs and delays and modulations in ONE preset.

Just no undestand why line 6 doesn't allow us to do this "legally" by the interface. lot of us dont use the fx loop block, or the volume block. is a really easy mod.

 

I can share the modded preset if anyone is interested. 

 

As a person that worked with some JSON  (this hack does not require changing anything permanent, nor does it require a knowledge of programming) I can say that this works with some caveats:

 

1. Save a copy of the original patch

2. Like sebabetto said- this is a 'per patch' change- you are modifying how the Pod GO sees the individual preset, not anyting global

3. In order to change things back you need to have a copy of the original patch, or, 'a' original patch, or remember how to write JSON to add back what you deleted.

 

Pod Go patches keep their individual setting saved in a .txt file written in JSON. Basically, if you delete the text in the file for block 0, 1, or 4 (wah, volume, and one other one) you change that 'block' to being multi-selectable. To change it back you just drop a regular patch (or the original patch) back into the same spot. 

 

Thats all there is to it. It's actually pretty cool, it just sucks that there isn't a more transparent way to do it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2022 at 6:03 AM, Alathea said:

 

As a person that worked with some JSON  (this hack does not require changing anything permanent, nor does it require a knowledge of programming) I can say that this works with some caveats:

 

1. Save a copy of the original patch

2. Like sebabetto said- this is a 'per patch' change- you are modifying how the Pod GO sees the individual preset, not anyting global

3. In order to change things back you need to have a copy of the original patch, or, 'a' original patch, or remember how to write JSON to add back what you deleted.

 

Pod Go patches keep their individual setting saved in a .txt file written in JSON. Basically, if you delete the text in the file for block 0, 1, or 4 (wah, volume, and one other one) you change that 'block' to being multi-selectable. To change it back you just drop a regular patch (or the original patch) back into the same spot. 

 

Thats all there is to it. It's actually pretty cool, it just sucks that there isn't a more transparent way to do it. 

So I tried this reprogram to free up the extra blocks and did run into an apparent issue regarding DSP (I think).  I took out the Wah block only.  Added a basic compressor.  The result was two fold...  I started getting a trailing static noise (almost like a loose connection or bad cable).  So, I replaced cables...same noise appeared.  I noticed on the display of the PodGO (and in Edit), the output circle at the end of the chain showed a zigzag line (think distorted circle).   I switched to a stock preset and the noise and the zigzag circle went away.   So, I switched back to the "hacked" preset and both appeared again.   Time to experiment...

 

Starting at the end of the chain, I turned off the reverb block.  Noise disappeared.  (ZigZag circle still there).   Hmmmm...interesting.  Turned the reverb block back on...noise returned.   The Reverb in use was the new Dynamic Hall.  So, I switched it out for a standard Hall reverb....and.....the noise disappeared.   Never could get the zigzag to go away.

 

So, my thought/question is this....  As mentioned above in the very well said "tennis ball" analogy.... I am curious if the "hack" does actually have an affect on the way the PodGo calculates and limits DSP usage.   As mentioned, the Wah, Volume, and EQ blocks all have a designated DSP budget.  Given that, the PodGo can calculate the DSP usage among the standard four user blocks and grey out options when you cannot use them due to DSP limitations....BUT once you throw a variable in (such as adding a compressor to the Wah block) it can no longer calculate DSP usage properly...THUS when I added the compressor block I was overloading the DSP resulting in the static noise and perhaps the ZigZag indicator on the output block.  

 

Has anybody else had this affect when using the non-hack "hack"?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/11/2022 at 9:09 PM, mcrawf001 said:

So I tried this reprogram to free up the extra blocks and did run into an apparent issue regarding DSP (I think).  I took out the Wah block only.  Added a basic compressor.  The result was two fold...  I started getting a trailing static noise (almost like a loose connection or bad cable).  So, I replaced cables...same noise appeared.  I noticed on the display of the PodGO (and in Edit), the output circle at the end of the chain showed a zigzag line (think distorted circle).   I switched to a stock preset and the noise and the zigzag circle went away.   So, I switched back to the "hacked" preset and both appeared again.   Time to experiment...

 

Starting at the end of the chain, I turned off the reverb block.  Noise disappeared.  (ZigZag circle still there).   Hmmmm...interesting.  Turned the reverb block back on...noise returned.   The Reverb in use was the new Dynamic Hall.  So, I switched it out for a standard Hall reverb....and.....the noise disappeared.   Never could get the zigzag to go away.

 

So, my thought/question is this....  As mentioned above in the very well said "tennis ball" analogy.... I am curious if the "hack" does actually have an affect on the way the PodGo calculates and limits DSP usage.   As mentioned, the Wah, Volume, and EQ blocks all have a designated DSP budget.  Given that, the PodGo can calculate the DSP usage among the standard four user blocks and grey out options when you cannot use them due to DSP limitations....BUT once you throw a variable in (such as adding a compressor to the Wah block) it can no longer calculate DSP usage properly...THUS when I added the compressor block I was overloading the DSP resulting in the static noise and perhaps the ZigZag indicator on the output block.  

 

Has anybody else had this affect when using the non-hack "hack"?

It does make 100% sense

The hack is acceptable only if you use less intensive FXs, otherwie it's a mess

But again, my opinion is that it should be left out to the user, with greyed out options

 

For many high gain chanels you can deal with very simple delay and reverbs, but if you have an Overdrive and a Compressor (to clean the output sound, like Sadites do, for example), you're left out of mod FXs like Phaser/Flanger that you might want to add

 

I haven't fiddled out at all with the GO since the last update, as I didn't had time, and I plan to use at least half of next Monday to fiddle around, since I got a Headrush Speaker and I have to revisit all the parameteres and volumes to match them with the speaker

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/10/2022 at 3:09 AM, MarcoSP said:

Would it be possible to have 6 snapshots? Maybe using external foot switches? Or is it beyond the capabilities of the unit? 

 

Thanks! 

Seems a bit like an overkill to me or at least something that very few people would use.

I mean, I'm always up for stuff that other users desire, even if I don't need it, but it looks like a lot of work to me, and since we're on a very slow development cycle on PodGo, I wouldn't certainly prioritize it.

We're 3 months after a vague announce that the update was in development, not to mention how far behind we're from other Line6 product lines.

It feels a bit of a let down honestly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/10/2022 at 6:44 AM, OmegaSlayer said:

Seems a bit like an overkill to me or at least something that very few people would use.

I mean, I'm always up for stuff that other users desire, even if I don't need it, but it looks like a lot of work to me, and since we're on a very slow development cycle on PodGo, I wouldn't certainly prioritize it.

We're 3 months after a vague announce that the update was in development, not to mention how far behind we're from other Line6 product lines.

It feels a bit of a let down honestly

 

I'm inclined to agree - I'm not sure 6 snapshots will be of any real value to most users.  Helix now has 8 but then its multi-routing with bigger chain capability.  Helix also has 'Command Centre' which allows greater flexibility re snapshot and patch 'mixing' - Pod Go doesn't have this (and I don't think it can be added because of Pod Go's more limited DSP and/or memory capabilities) so additional snap shots in Pod Go won't give the same options as in Helix. 

 

Re v1.40 update delay, understandably Line 6 will always give it's flagship Helix line first priority, and we Pod Go owners will always be second in line and we just have to wait.   I think the intention is to give Pod Go it's 1.40 update before Helix v3.20 comes out, but I suspect the work on v3.20 might be taking up resources here.  

 

With new units like the Boss GX100 entering the fray, and with summer NAMM now less than a month away with possible new MFX being introduced, Pod Go is arguably, albeit prematurely, perhaps beginning to look a little less attractive than it did. Although DSP capability can't be increased as that's limited by its processor, it would benefit immensely from more flexibility e.g. a couple of additional user blocks, and ability to remove the amp and cab blocks from the chain, to release DSP where these might not be needed.

 

Line 6 has also remained silent on the debacle of criticism against Pod Go (non-wireless) input impedance not being as stated, and 'sucking tone' unless a buffer is placed before it to add back highs/sparkle.  Many are hoping that Line 6 might be able to come up with some firmware tweak that might help resolve this, and perhaps this is something that is delaying v1.40. 

 

Interestingly there have been some notable reductions in PG/PGW prices.  GAK is offering PGW for £369.  Merchant City Music are selling PG (non wireless) for £359 i.e. virtually the same price. This suggests that Line 6 might possibly be looking to rationalise its product line, or perhaps its even in response to the impedance debacle on Pod Go non-wireless because the G10TII in PGW is a buffered device.  The price reductions could simply be responding to market forces & competition, but these could also be indicative that perhaps Line 6 might have some new products up their sleeve and Pod Go in its present guise might become a 'legacy' product sooner than anticipated.  This might be a further reason that we haven't had v1.40 yet. 

 

I would stress that I have absolutely no 'inside' information here and I'm purely hypothesising, so could be totally wrong.  But if Line 6 does have perhaps a Pod Go Mk2 in the works to compete with eg the Boss GX100, the price reductions to encourage sales of current stock might make sense.

 

Re Helix/Helix LT, there now seems to be a growing move away from bigger/heavier units to lighter more compact MFX. Helix came out in 2015, so in modelling gear terms, even with updates/upgrades, it's getting on a bit in its current guise, so again I suspect that it won't be long before Line 6 comes out with a new Helix Mk2 line (by whatever name) that is more affordable, smaller & lighter and eg with touch screen technology that has been favoured by Headrush, Zoom and now even Boss, and has been well received by customers for easier direct unit operation.  

 

So particularly with NAMM on the horizon, the world of MFX  could get quite 'interesting' over the coming months.  

 

 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

About this impedance thing

I'm not technical enough and not English speaking enough to fully understand the matter

 

I got that the device has a pretty significant signal loss and that it might be prevented with a buffered pedal in the pedal chain

 

3 questions:

- Does the Ditto Looper works as a buffer in this case? (I read it has dynamic buffer, I think a fixed buffer is needed)

- Does the pedal need to be cabled between the guitar and the PodGo or does it have to be in the Send/Return of the Pod and be set before the amp in the signal chain?

- Does this problem fall into the deceiving marketing category, as an advertised spec is not coherent?

 

PS I think the problem might be somehow software related, as I always have this perception that the sound I dial n PodGoEdit becomes different when I unplug the USB, or better, I have this sensation the day after I use the patch and think..."hmm...it seemed cooler yesterday"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The pedal need to be cabled between the guitar and the POD Go.

"I think the problem might be somehow software related". I guess no. And the evidence it's the wireless as a way to fix it. Why Line 6 doesn't develop that improvement in its flag ship? Because relay works like a buffer and Helix hasn't impedance issues. 

 

20220513_092500.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/13/2022 at 12:46 PM, rarellano said:

The pedal need to be cabled between the guitar and the POD Go.

"I think the problem might be somehow software related". I guess no. And the evidence it's the wireless as a way to fix it. Why Line 6 doesn't develop that improvement in its flag ship? Because relay works like a buffer and Helix hasn't impedance issues. 

 

20220513_092500.jpg

I tried the Ditto Looper between the guitar and the PodGo.

No difference whatsoever.

I even tried to fiddle with the DL volume but nothing happened.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/16/2022 at 5:12 PM, kzmaier said:

Ditto Looper is true bypass which means no buffer.  You need a buffer.

Thanks

Can you please suggest me the cheapest pedal available that has a buffer?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...