Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Go 1.40 is in development

voxman55

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2022 at 2:44 AM, OmegaSlayer said:

Seems a bit like an overkill to me or at least something that very few people would use.

I mean, I'm always up for stuff that other users desire, even if I don't need it, but it looks like a lot of work to me, and since we're on a very slow development cycle on PodGo, I wouldn't certainly prioritize it.

We're 3 months after a vague announce that the update was in development, not to mention how far behind we're from other Line6 product lines.

It feels a bit of a let down honestly

That's a pity... it'd be super useful for me. I use the PG live, and I love snapshots for the gapless tone changes, but I have two issues:

1) the inability to change from clean to dirty using snapshots, which I've kinda solved by turning off the amp, changing the IR and adding a minotaur and some eq to create a nice clean tone. It would be much easier if an amp had a "channel switch" or if the drive went from clean to distorted, but none of the amps has either. But it's fine, I managed to get a clean sound anyway. 

2) I have to use a few presets to play all songs. One preset covers most songs (4 most common snapshots). If I had 6 snapshots I'd only need one preset, or maybe two to cover all my needs, but I'm using 5 presets to be able to play all songs using snapshots. 

But thanks for the reply anyway! I've been using line 6 modelers since 2003 onstage (first a pod xt bean with a midi controller, then a pod x3 live, a pod hd500 and now the pod go). 

ps.: Just found out something else I'd find useful: being able to move snapshots around. Replacing snapshot 1 with 3, for instance. I have a preset ready but found out that the "lead" snapshot would be better placed next to "rhythm" (instead of the upper row buttons), but I can't just move it.

Well, we're now a month on from Line 6 saying that v1.40 was essentially done and that they were just ironing out some bugs.  Can only assume that these bugs were more problematic than they first thought.  Or perhaps they've decided to modify in some way what v1.40 might include. Either way, lets hope that we hear something soon from Line 6 're v1.40. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2022 at 1:06 PM, usedbyanr said:

The DL4 MkII update came out on Tuesday which probably meant there wasn't a chance of seeing a Pod Go update this week. Maybe next Tuesday.

Does sometimes feel like Pod Go is a 2nd class citizen when it comes to firmware upgrades. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/9/2022 at 3:22 PM, voxman55 said:

Does sometimes feel like Pod Go is a 2nd class citizen when it comes to firmware upgrades. 

I agree but the DL4 MkII crowd seems to think they are as well and the Catalyst group will be saying the same thing shortly. 

I have a few more suggestions:

I'd love a stereo pannable plate reverb, you could call it "sunrise sound" lol

While we're at it, maybe the MXR 6-band eq?

Saving fx presets in pod go edit? 

A "return to default" in effects, amps etc...

I'm attaching an attempt at Panama, recorded with the pod go... It's a wonderful kit, if you manage to overcome the economy of features.

Cheers!

Panama Attempt

On 7/10/2022 at 11:17 PM, MarcoSP said:

I have a few more suggestions:

I'd love a stereo pannable plate reverb, you could call it "sunrise sound" lol

While we're at it, maybe the MXR 6-band eq?

Saving fx presets in pod go edit? 

A "return to default" in effects, amps etc...

I'm attaching an attempt at Panama, recorded with the pod go... It's a wonderful kit, if you manage to overcome the economy of features.

Cheers!

Panama Attempt

None of that in v1.40. See the Helix 3.15 update which is largely what Pod Go will get. 

• Like 1

On 7/11/2022 at 11:28 AM, voxman55 said:

None of that in v1.40. See the Helix 3.15 update which is largely what Pod Go will get. 

I know, I'm just tossing ideas, maybe in v1.50 in 2024? lol

Thanks for the reply, anyway! 

• Haha 1

On 7/12/2022 at 4:12 AM, MarcoSP said:

I know, I'm just tossing ideas, maybe in v1.50 in 2024? lol

Thanks for the reply, anyway! 

No probs. Ideascale is the best place to float ideas as its where Line 6 looks.

• Haha 1

Looking forward to the next Go update!  Lots of cool stuff in the 3.15 helix firmware which PGO 1.4 patch likely would inherit from.  But we already got some parts of the 3.15 firmware it appears, like the dynamic hall reverb, is there a sort of readme of what the next Go update might contain?

Hi all, very latest from Digital Igloo, who replied to my post on the Gear Page today:

POD Go and POD Go Wireless had a couple critical bugs that were really squirrely and took forever to track down and squash. 1.40 is currently in beta. Should be very soon. Again, no points for guessing what's in it."

• Thanks 1