Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Switch assignments on any of these units

fountainsofwayne

I'm thinking about the Pod Go and also about the HX Stomp and I see why some people wanted the Stomp XL. I'm usually singing while trying to find the right foot button and in general I think it's a better idea to spread them out. Anyway I'm in the habit of using around 7 pedals in a row and I like the ability to turn them on and off individually. I'm trying to think about how to cut down on needing so many ons and offs during one song and I can't seem to figure out if it's possible to:

1. assign one footswitch to more than one effect, and THEN:

2. make the footswitch turn one of the effects ON at the same time it turns the other effect (or effects) OFF.

For example I have a thing where I want a slapback delay during the verses but then in the chorus I want to turn on an overdrive while also turning off the delay, because it gets muddy.

I think if I could do that, I would be able to get by with only 3 switches during any particular song.

Would that work?

Thanks

Chris

I don't believe you can turn more than one effect on or off with a footswitch however, I've discovered you can assign several parameters to a footswitch. So you could for instance, turn the overdrive off and then the slap mix to 0 with one switch.

4 hours ago, fountainsofwayne said:

Thanks for the answer! Does this apply to the Stomp and/or the Pod Go and/or the HD500x? I did in the meantime discover that you can add an external switch to the Pod Go or the Stomp, effectively giving you one or two more on/offs.

I'm referring to the Pod Go (Wireless). The method I suggested is similar to snapshots, you can route multiple parameters to one switch, you just can't turn on/off more than 1 effect. I kinda like this way though because I don't have to switch from stompbox mode to snapshot mode. Also, it's easier to get to preset selection from stompbox mode.