Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Jtv-69+pod Hd500x+dt25 = Random Silence

jkmowery

I have a weird situation. I'll be playing my JTV-69 through L6Link to HD500X through L6Link to DT25 112 and after an random amount of time the HD500X will switch to the amp parameter edit screen and the amp will go silent. All pieces are still operating, and if you change the HD500X to another bank the sound comes back.

Thoughts?

If it goes to the amp parameters page that indicates a knob has moved. Knob jitter is always a culprit. Set all your Pod knobs to "0" except master volume and then change patches. Sometimes a knob will move just slightly and change a parameter, which sounds like it may be your volume or drive knob.

Actually, run every knob up to 100% and back to 0 a couple times, then set them all except master volume to 0 and then change patches and see if that cures the issue. Good luck!

I neglected to mention to do that on your amp as well. As it's probably an amp knob moving. Not enough coffee today, sorry. Set all amp knobs to 0 except master volume and reverb if you use your amp reverb instead of Pod. That should eliminate knob jitter.

I have a weird situation. I'll be playing my JTV-69 through L6Link to HD500X through L6Link to DT25 112 and after an random amount of time the HD500X will switch to the amp parameter edit screen and the amp will go silent. All pieces are still operating, and if you change the HD500X to another bank the sound comes back.

Thoughts?

Actually, run every knob up to 100% and back to 0 a couple times, then set them all except master volume to 0 and then change patches and see if that cures the issue. Good luck!...That should eliminate knob jitter.

Doesn't explain why his amp goes silent though.

Doesn't explain why his amp goes silent though.

If his knobs are near zero but not actually zeroed they could be moving. I have yet to hear back from him about this, and he didn't state where his knobs were parked. Switching presets fixes it, which tells me the L6 Link is working. Just spitballing here, but something must move to cause the Pod to go to amp parameters page.

All good advice. Hopefully something here helps.

Some more questions, is the dt25 connected with midi, and is the pod connected via usb to a host and do you have the editor programs open?

If you only use the 500x, ie guitar->500x->speakers/phones do you still get the problem?

My guess is still noise or dodgy contacts on the l6 link...