Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using Pod XT with PC / Home Stereo System

Hi,

I have a Spider IV and using it for a long time. A few weeks ago, I remembered my Pod XT and tried to use it together with Spider. After a couple of hours trying to set the Spider IV as very clean I gave up.

Later I remembered that I have a very good pc speaker system Creative 2.1 Inspire 2400. I connected it to Pod XT via headphones output and the result is perfect. 

Is this a normal way using them together, does it damage the Pod XT or the speaker system ? 

PC Speakers are probably not capable of handling the frequencies and volume that a guitar can produce, so you need to be careful or you'll blow them out. 

Also I wouldn't use the headphone output for anything, but headphones. You should use the Line Outputs to go into your Spider IV and set the Level Switch to Amp. If you're going direct into your computer via an audio interface, you should set the Level Switch to Line. 

15 hours ago, daveny5 said:

PC Speakers are probably not capable of handling the frequencies and volume that a guitar can produce, so you need to be careful or you'll blow them out. 

Thank you very much, I got it.

15 hours ago, daveny5 said:

Also I wouldn't use the headphone output for anything, but headphones. You should use the Line Outputs to go into your Spider IV and set the Level Switch to Amp. If you're going direct into your computer via an audio interface, you should set the Level Switch to Line. 

Ok, I'll try Level Switch to Amp.  But, at first, there was a reason I did not use the Pod XT and Spider IV 15.  I was not able to find a way to turn off all Spider settings, get a cleanest tone and the Pod XT sound not be affected.

I think the Level Switch to Amp setting will not solve this problem ?  Is there any way to use Pod XT (the bean model, not live or pro) with Spider IV 15 ?

Thank you very much..

On 2/2/2022 at 6:45 PM, daveny5 said:

After a couple googling, I have an additional question.  What if I use the CD/MP3 input ?  Is it ok to connect Pod XT to Spider IV 15 via CD/MP3 input on Spider ? Does this damage the speakers or any part of the Spider or harmfull for Pod XT ?