Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native Needs to run native on M1

kellyho67

Anyone have any feelers as to when Line6 is going to solve this Helix Native running on Rosetta issue?  If you run multiple Native Tracks in Logic it takes forever to render a 4 min song.  swap them out with an M1 compatible plugin like EZ Mix and it renders in seconds.  Seems like Line6 should have resolved this by now.

14 hours ago, kellyho67 said:

Anyone have any feelers as to when Line6 is going to solve this Helix Native running on Rosetta issue?

Hi,

This is a user group, Line 6 staff do not monitor the posts in this forum and rarely visit here. There is very little, or no chance that they will ever see you comment or question.

It would possibly be a better idea to raise the issue with Customer Support. 

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Note: Over on TGP it has been mentioned by Digital Igloo (Eric Klein, Chief Product Design Architect at Yamaha Guitar Group, Inc. / Line 6 / Ampeg) that version 3.15 of the Firmware is now close to finishing the Beta test stage and is expected to be released very soon. Hopefully Helix Native will also be improved in respect of the M1, Rosetta situation.

All my installed DAWS including Logic Pro [as well as Garageband & Hosting AU] on M1 Pro MacBook Pro on Monterey 12.2 are now not opening projects with instances of Helix Native,     [even after a full clean install of Helix Native]

have just raised a support ticket: can't wait to hear what excuses line 6 will have for this: hopefully they have a working SOLUTION>

when is that Apple Silicon Native version of Helix Native actually EVER going to materialise? 

developer kits for Apple Silicon have been out for near on 2 years now, many other hardware/software developers with considerably less resources than the Yamaha/Line 6 behemoth have made the transition -

if this is not sorted soon I would like my license of Helix Native REFUNDED in FULL> I have had to purchase NI Guitar Rig 6 to keep working but am still LOCKED OUT of many of my own project files by Helix Native> its kind of like those ransomware extortion scams people pull on people computers, thanks alot Line 6 NOT IMPRESSED

when is that Apple Silicon Native version of Helix Native actually EVER going to materialise? 

1 hour ago, ptsmith said:

Looks like the update that's just been released offers Silicon support finally. Can anyone verify that it runs well on OS Monterey?

From the notes on the download page:

Compatible OS: Mac OS X, macOS Sierra, macOS High Sierra, macOS Mojave, macOS Catalina, macOS Big Sur, macOS Monterey”

Go get it and then you can tell us!

(first post, thanks for all the helpful advice I have read over the time)

Hi all,

I can confirm Helix Native V3.15 works on my Macbook Pro 14" 2021 (M1) on Monterey (12.1) with Logic Pro (10.7.2). For the first time I am able to have a stable experience. Previously Rosetta did also not provide a solution, I experienced various crashes. Changing settings, switching snapshots, presets, blocks - all works like a charm.

However, even after installing 3.15 I had no luck first, UNTIL I followed the advice in this forum to delete my "Helix Native" folder in /Library/Application Support/Line 6 (do only if you have backups etc., you will lose all settings, IRs etc). Probably some of the old settings killed the plugin. Maybe I should have tried that even prior V3.15, and Helix Native might have worked under Rosetta somehow, however Logic runs now natively and Helixe Native works fine. 

I am really grateful that Line6 keeps updating their stuff and provides new features for the users, free of charge.

Enjoy!

I still can't get Helix Native running on my Macbook Air M1 even with the V3.15 update..

I am running Macbook Air (M1 256GB) on Monterey (12.2.1) and Logic Pro X (10.7.2).

I tried a clean install of the Helix Native plugin by deleting the VST/components and also the Application Support folder.

I recently sold my old intel mac, so I have no other alternatives to run this plugin right now.

Does anyone knows another process i should try for this install? Should I try downgrading to Big Sur?

12 hours ago, guilhermebreda said:

I still can't get Helix Native running on my Macbook Air M1 even with the V3.15 update..

I am running Macbook Air (M1 256GB) on Monterey (12.2.1) and Logic Pro X (10.7.2).

I tried a clean install of the Helix Native plugin by deleting the VST/components and also the Application Support folder.

I recently sold my old intel mac, so I have no other alternatives to run this plugin right now.

Does anyone knows another process i should try for this install? Should I try downgrading to Big Sur?

Same here.  Plugin won't authorize on an M1 Max MacBook Pro.

Hey guys! I have opened a support ticket regarding this issue.

Line 6 was very helpful sent me a step by step solution to this problem...and it worked perfectly! It seems that I was forgetting one of the steps before. Helix Native is now running on my Macbook air m1 with macOS Monterey! Here it is:

" Below are the files to uninstall. It's crucial to remove the files/folders from the hidden library: 

1) /Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins/Line 6/Helix Native.aaxplugin 
2) /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Helix Native.component 
3) /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Line 6/Helix Native.vst ; /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/Line 6/Helix Native.vst3 
4) /Library/Application Support/Line 6/Helix Native/ -- this folder contains all the stuff that makes Helix Native work. You'll see data and res folder; just delete the entire Helix Native folder for a clean slate. 
5)~/Library/Application Support/Line 6/Helix Native/* 

*Note this ~/Library is your user library and is hidden. Hold Command/Shift/and Period to access. 

Once completed, download the latest version, reinstall, and reauthorize. 
With version 3.15, you shouldn't need to run it in Rosetta mode. "

-> Line 6 Support didn't actually specified, but the steps 1,2,3 and 4 can be accessed straight from Macintosh HD -> Library

In step 5 the files were located at Macintosh HD -> Users -> [user name] -> Library 

I am not sure this will be applied to every user, but I would definitely check both files...

I also deauthorized my computer before reinstalling the new version at line 6 website just to make sure.

And please remember to save a backup library.

• Thanks 2