Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix with BLANCO LABEL FIELDS !!!!!!

fruijter7777

One year ago, more or less, I bought the Helix Floor. Unfortunately I got this unpleasant experience already a few times:

I start the Helix and the label fields (the small displays) stay blanco, whereas the main display is functioning well. 

Of course the possibility this may happen when I have a gig makes me rather nervous...

Anyone knows what to do?

Regards,

Frederik

IMG_2671.jpeg

Have you assigned the FX blocks to a footswitch? This will allow you to use the switch to turn the FX on/off and will also cause the name of the FX block to appear in the scribble strips (label fields as you are calling them).

To make the assignment, select the FX block and touch (don’t press) the switch with your finger. The display will ask you if you want to make the assignment. Touch OK.

3 hours ago, fruijter7777 said:

Unfortunately I got this unpleasant experience already a few times:

I start the Helix and the label fields (the small displays) stay blanco, whereas the main display is functioning well. 

Hi Frederik,

I guess you mean that you have previously had the “scribble strips” display normally, but sometimes when you start the Helix the “strips” stay blank?

Usually, if something that worked before and then suddenly stops for no apparent reason, the first thing to try is a factory reset.

If the reset doesn’t work you may need to contact Customer Support.

Reset Options

Helix Floor/LT

Button Combination

Description

LED light Fun

3 & 4

Test Mode

5 & 6

Global reset

7 & 8

Reset setlists to factory, Keep IRs

8 & 9

Reset setlists to factory, Clear IRs

9 & 10

Reset setlists to factory, Global reset, Clear IRs

10 & 11

Upgrades existing presets to latest format

11 & 12

Clear current preset

5 & 12

Clear setlists, clear IRs, Return system settings to default

6 & 12

Safe boot mode

To use Reset Options:

• Power off the Helix
  • Hold the desired button combination
  • Power on the Helix
  • Release the button combination

Please note: Buttons are numbered from top left to bottom right.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

If I press the mode button, nothing happens. Neither when I use all the other knobs of the Helix. The Helix is completely lame. I can only reach it with Helix Native...

I forgot to tell that it happened totally out of nothing. I was using the same (fabric) preset for already some days... 

Now I will try the fabric reset options (Thanks Guru!)

8 hours ago, datacommando said:

Hi Frederik,

I guess you mean that you have previously had the “scribble strips” display normally, but sometimes when you start the Helix the “strips” stay blank?

Usually, if something that worked before and then suddenly stops for no apparent reason, the first thing to try is a factory reset.

If the reset doesn’t work you may need to contact Customer Support.

Reset Options

Helix Floor/LT

Button Combination

Description

LED light Fun

3 & 4

Test Mode

5 & 6

Global reset

7 & 8

Reset setlists to factory, Keep IRs

8 & 9

Reset setlists to factory, Clear IRs

9 & 10

Reset setlists to factory, Global reset, Clear IRs

10 & 11

Upgrades existing presets to latest format

11 & 12

Clear current preset

5 & 12

Clear setlists, clear IRs, Return system settings to default

6 & 12

Safe boot mode

To use Reset Options:

• Power off the Helix
  • Hold the desired button combination
  • Power on the Helix
  • Release the button combination

Please note: Buttons are numbered from top left to bottom right.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Thanks al lot, I 'll give it a trie

10 hours ago, silverhead said:

Have you assigned the FX blocks to a footswitch? This will allow you to use the switch to turn the FX on/off and will also cause the name of the FX block to appear in the scribble strips (label fields as you are calling them).

To make the assignment, select the FX block and touch (don’t press) the switch with your finger. The display will ask you if you want to make the assignment. Touch OK.

If I press or touch any button, nothing happens. Neither when I use all the other knobs of the Helix. The Helix is completely lame. I can only reach it with Helix Native...

I forgot to tell that it happened totally out of nothing. I was using the same (fabric) preset for already some days... 

Now I will try the fabric reset options (Thanks Guru!)

PROBLEM SOLVED - more or less...   I unwired the Helix: disconnected the USB, guitar input and the stereo outputs. Then I turned it on and the Helix was healed.  Next time this happens I will make a more analytic approach and disconnect the wires one by one (and turn the Helix down/on) to determine the connection that may cause this problem....

I hope this will happen soon, because I now I don't trust my Helix anymore..

Thanks all of you who gave me support! If I happen to know exactly what the problem was, I will quote it.

• Upvote 1

Glad to hear that you solved it, at least temporarily. I wonder if this only happens when you have HX Edit running. If so my guess is that it is the USB connection causing communication issues that confuse the Helix firmware. You could try using different USB ports on your PC, and avoid using any USB hubs.

• Upvote 2