Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Future POD?

cgar18

I have a Pod go and I bought a headrush mx5 before the price went up to 499. I wish the POd go had more process power not sure if its because headrush less amp, effects but I like how it doesnt have set effects and I an use alot slots and not run out of dsp.I played with the headrush and no pc editor makes it a pain to edit,the pod go is easier to dial in great amps and effects,except those dedicated slots and run out of dsp isnt great.A mixture of both units would make for a great unit,just my 2 cents.

11 hours ago, TRENDKILLCFH333 said:

I have both as well.  I find the MX5 easier to use for different applications.  

I was really hoping the POD Go would have been a smaller version of Helix with a built in expression pedal.  Not being able to change or move blocks around has been a common complaint.  

Correction - you can move blocks - you just can't edit what block type they are. 

11 hours ago, TRENDKILLCFH333 said:

Correction - you can move blocks - you just can't edit what block type they are. 

There are some blocks that are fixed as far as what type they are, but you can use whatever type of effect you want in the four wild card slots.

4 hours ago, phil_m said:

There are some blocks that are fixed as far as what type they are, but you can use whatever type of effect you want in the four wild card slots.

Sorry, but no you can't. It's only provided you have sufficient DSP for them as its UP TO 4 user blocks. If you choose heavy DSP models such as a jumped amp and spring reverb, thats around 75% of your DSP gone ...add a  vintage tube delay and that's all your DSP gone after just 2 user blocks! If you wanted to add a phaser or chorus, you've had it. You'd have to choose a lower DSP amp and/or reverb to release some DSP.

55 minutes ago, voxman55 said:

Sorry, but no you can't. It's only provided you have sufficient DSP for them as its UP TO 4 user blocks. If you choose heavy DSP models such as a jumped amp and spring reverb, thats around 75% of your DSP gone ...add a  vintage tube delay and that's all your DSP gone after just 2 user blocks! If you wanted to add a phaser or chorus, you've had it. You'd have to choose a lower DSP amp and/or reverb to release some DSP.

I knew someone would be pedantic about that… Yes, anything you want within the DSP limit. But the point is that those block aren’t limited to a certain type of effect.

12 hours ago, phil_m said:

I knew someone would be pedantic about that… Yes, anything you want within the DSP limit. But the point is that those block aren’t limited to a certain type of effect.

Agreed. Sorry to have been pedantic, it was just the phrasing. Lol.