Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi Fx100

TheRealZap

The integration is a great concept...but I just can't see myself trusting this set-up live. At home, or in the studio is one thing, but I don't want to be handcuffed by dodgey bluetooth connections...they tend to drop out at the most inopportune moments. And relying on battery-driven devices that have the same appetite for juice that an Abrahms tank has for gas wouldn't thrill me onstage either. Anybody who's gigged enough to have a few Spinal Tap "Pod" moments onstage knows all the stuff that can go wrong with just a guitar, amp, and a cord. Also don't want to be locked into iOS forever, either. Probably lotsa fun to play with in a controlled environment though.

id like to see the bluetooth ipad option on the hd500x. sure does suck trying to edit effects real time on the hd500

Could always use the USB out on the HD500X to coonect to a Windows laptop, tablet, desktop etc. I guess the same thing with Apple stuff, but yes wireless would be neat as well. Good idea.

:blink:

More non-HD stuff? 

yeah, +1 to that question! It would appear the AMPLIFi "amp" is XT/X3 technology, wondering what they went with for this; likely the same, with the IOS controls. Seems like they could have come up with a way to "link" this product with the AMPLIFi amp; but from first look it doesn't appear that is possible (other than with a 1/4" cable). It would be cool if there was a built in wireless / bluetooth option to let these items talk to each other, but from the looks of how they pitched it, they aren't going that route.

Still, cool idea! Personally, I am focused on procuring a nice pair of studio monitors for my home setup. I am also having some major G.A.S. for a pair of L2T's and an M20D mixer.... Thankfully Sweetwater won't give me a $4k+ credit line ;)

• Upvote 1

At TGP, a nice Line6 employee told us it is enhanced Pod Farm stuff, but non HD.

I quote:

The best way to describe AMPLIFI's engine is an enhanced, heavily-modified version of our flagship POD Farm DAW plugin. It's notably (and audibly) beyond X3/XT technology, but no, it doesn't include HD amp models.

There were lots of reasons why we decided on POD Farm, but mainly because it offers users the fastest, easiest to dial in, and most comprehensive tools to create tones for—potentially—every song ever recorded.

• Upvote 1

Can anyone tell me what this will do when paired with the Amplifi 150?  It appears to be a mirror of the onboard amp controls by way of foot switch.   Is it compatible with the 150 and can it store 36 (or whatever??) presets as opposed to 4?   Effects would be controlled by channel presets except wah/volume could be added? Does it add more to what I have now with the 150 and the app? I have no experience with POD Farm. Have had the 150 about 1 1/2 months.

Have been ready to get a shortboard but waiting to see if something else comes out.  Is this now what I have been waiting for or would a shortboard suffice?  

Understand it is not ready for market but am anxious to see what it can do and how much it may cost.  

I'm guessing it does what the Amplifi + app does minus the cabinet, speaker and amp?  If you already have an amp and want the Amplifi matching features, add this to your rig.  I wish it would have come out first.

• Upvote 1

I'm guessing it does what the Amplifi + app does minus the cabinet, speaker and amp?  If you already have an amp and want the Amplifi matching features, add this to your rig.  I wish it would have come out first.

No, the FX100 is more like a POD. You could use for FX only if you wanted, but it does amp and cab modeling as well. So, really, it's a solution for going direct. As far as using an existing amp with the tone-matching features. I'm actually not sure if there are different output modes like there are on the PODs or not that would allow you to use amp modeling while attached to an actual amp. I would assume there will be, but I just don't know.

FWIW, the FX100 can store 100 presets (I wonder where they came up with the name :mellow: )

There is an amp out on the FX100.

If your are streaming music to the FX100 AND using the amp out, the music is routed to the main outs only and the guitar only to the amp out.

I've been watching this, as I was interested in the Digitech IPD-10.  Has this officially been released now?  The website still says it's pending and I really want to try this out before I pick an IOS compatible device.

FWIW, I wish the industry would start adding Android devices as an option. 

I've been watching this, as I was interested in the Digitech IPD-10.  Has this officially been released now?  The website still says it's pending and I really want to try this out before I pick an IOS compatible device.

FWIW, I wish the industry would start adding Android devices as an option.

Well, it's been officially announced... I believe it's scheduled to start shipping in May.

• Upvote 1