Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Edit doesn't show the new Effects after 3.15 update

FusorHawk

22 minutes ago, FusorHawk said:

I updated my HX Stomp to 3.15

I updated HX Edit, it shows 3.15

I do see the new effects like Heliosphere in the Stomp

but not in the HX Edit software

Any Ideas?

MacOS

Where are you seeing HX Edit showing 3.15? Any chance you are seeing the firmware version instead? Are you are looking for the new effect "Heliosphere" in the correct category under Delay(mono or stereo)? 

It sounds to me like you upgraded the firmware but did not download and install the new HX Edit software or it did not take. Go to 'Help' --> 'About HX Edit' flash screen in HX Edit and confirm your version. My wager is that it does not show HX Edit 3.15 in the lower part of the screen but does show the 3.15 firmware in the upper part. If it doesn't, just download and install HX Edit 3.15. Btw, just to confirm, I do see it under mono and stereo, any chance you just missed it buried in the list? Quite a nice selection of delays we have by now, a lot to scan.

Running MacOS Monterey latest version

Intel 27” 5K

HX Stomp DOES show Heliosphere etc. 

HX Edit does not

Helix Native does not (in Logic)

I checked everything suggested in the post and all show 3.15 version in every location

Re-installed both softwares and updated Stomp firmware again, no go

Stumped

14 hours ago, FusorHawk said:

Running MacOS Monterey latest version

Intel 27” 5K

HX Stomp DOES show Heliosphere etc. 

HX Edit does not

Helix Native does not (in Logic)

I checked everything suggested in the post and all show 3.15 version in every location

Re-installed both softwares and updated Stomp firmware again, no go

Stumped

Edit: The one thing that gives me pause is the fact that you say it isn't showing up in Native either despite the fact that you have double-checked the version(3.15). I can confirm it is there so forgive me for asking but are you absolutely sure you are looking for it under the 'Delay' mono or stereo category(not Reverb)? Short of your computer having some sort of a personal vendetta against any word referring to the sun's atmosphere I can't see why it would not be showing up in Native. I am running Windows though so I suppose it could be different in the MacOS version.

Note: Heliosphere shows up 16th in the list under Delay --> Mono in Native 3.15 right after "Multi Pass". At least for me on Windows.

Anyway if you still can't find it...

Have you done the backup, factory reset, and backup restore? The most important factor being the factory reset.

Are the other new effects and amp models from 3.15 showing up? Critical question. If so, maybe that effect did not make it into HX Edit with the Stomp. Seems highly unlikely but I have the Helix so I can only confirm it shows up on both that device and HX Edit 3.15.  Can someone else with a Stomp please confirm the Heliosphere is showing up in HX Edit 3.15. A confirmation that it is showing up in Native on a Mac would be great too.

If the factory reset and restore don't fix it, uninstall the Line6 software and download and reinstall HX Edit 3.15. If that doesn't work I would do the manual install with the Updater. You may want to wait for someone here to confirm that this is not a bug with HX Edit 3.15 and specifically the Stomp(just seems like we would have heard about it but it's early yet). Still before you do all this, I would triple check to make sure you have not just missed it in the list. Good luck!

• Upvote 1

Thank you for your replies 

I reinstalled HX Edit again

This time it worked

Note: For the second re-install I deleted HX Edit from Applications using Finder and from Trash as well before downloading and reinstalling it

Rebooted for good measure before downloading and installing it again

Heliosphere is now there as well as the other new stuff (Ventoux etc.)

Next, I downloaded and installed Helix Native again

Then, in Logic I went into:

-Logic Pro

-Preferences

-Plug-In Manager

-Highlighted ‘Line 6’

-Clicked ‘Reset and Rescan Selection’

I rebooted for good measure

Everything is now there in Helix Native,

all set

44 minutes ago, FusorHawk said:

Thank you for your replies 

I reinstalled HX Edit again

This time it worked

Note: For the second re-install I deleted HX Edit from Applications using Finder and from Trash as well before downloading and reinstalling it

Rebooted for good measure before downloading and installing it again

Heliosphere is now there as well as the other new stuff (Ventoux etc.)

Next, I downloaded and installed Helix Native again

Then, in Logic I went into:

-Logic Pro

-Preferences

-Plug-In Manager

-Highlighted ‘Line 6’

-Clicked ‘Reset and Rescan Selection’

I rebooted for good measure

Everything is now there in Helix Native,

all set

Glad to see it resolved!

On 2/13/2022 at 12:23 PM, phil7up said:

Any tips on next steps would be appreciated.

Hi,

There is a whole sticky thread on here that was created simply because on a previous firmware update so may people were failing to see any new amps and effects it became tedious to keep on making the same reply.

One thing that I found with Mac users who were having this issue, was that sometimes (even when they thought that they had removed the older version of HX Edit) they found that at some point they may have had an "alias" on their Mac that was pointing back to and launching the wrong version. There was also an issue that some users were using Firefox to download the installer files and that Firefox would for some reason open an older version that was still in the download cache. If you use Firefox to download your files, when the alert pops up asking - "What should Firefox do with this file", click the radio button "Save File" - DO NOT let it make the decision about handling the unpacking of the files.

https://line6.com/support/topic/60548-seriously-if-you-don’t-see-the-new-amp-and-effects-models-after-updating-it-means-you-need-to-update-hx-edit/

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 1

On 2/13/2022 at 12:23 PM, phil7up said:

Any tips on next steps would be appreciated.

Well, the guy “phil7up”, seems to have just up, and vanished - deleted his question and account.

Had no reply to say if he had updated his HX Edit and could now see the new stuff.

Surely, it wasn’t that embarrassing?