Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Back up file not working with Hx Edit

takasago

Hi. I just update my hx stomp. it asks me to do a backup of my presets before, so i did it. After the update it asks me to do a factory reset and i did it. But i cannot import back my backup because hx edit is not recognising it ( dont take in charge this type of file).

I know when  I did the update on my LT, I thought my back didn't work correctly and it turns out I was trying to restore from my Native backup. I didn't catch that the 2 backups had different file extensions. Of course restoring my from Native backup gave wonky results as it didn't restore my favorites or IRs.  I'm not with my Helix or Native at the moment so I can't explain what I did incorrectly in detail, but basically what fixed my issue is restoring my backup from the main File menu in HX Edit vs clicking the little gear in the lower left of the screen and restoring from the dialog and appears.

Anyways, I thought there was an issue with the backup created as part of the upgrade process, but it was actually user error.

18 hours ago, takasago said:

Hi. I just update my hx stomp. it asks me to do a backup of my presets before, so i did it. After the update it asks me to do a factory reset and i did it. But i cannot import back my backup because hx edit is not recognising it ( dont take in charge this type of file).

This came up recently in another thread where a guy said his back up wasn’t recognised and failed to restore.

It turned out (by checking his supplied screen grab) that he was trying to load an older file that was saved in a different location.

Check the file extension, file name, date and location. Also ensure that you are using the latest version of HX Edit - it’s not unknown for some one to inadvertently open an older version.

Hope this helps/makes sense.