Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G10TII - red flashes when docked

wjoyce

Hi,

I have a new G10TII and it constantly presents a flashing red LED when docked.  It flashes 4 times, then pauses.  I've chceked that it is fully-docked and undocking and redocking resolves it for a while (flashing green transmitter LED and white base LED), but it will eventually return to the 4 flashing red LEDs.

Any ideas.  The red flashing does seem to be some sort of error code, but I can't find what it means.

Yeah, I don't think this standard behaviour.

I place the transmitter in dock, it flashes red briefly then turns solid green (or flash green if charging).  All appears normal.

At some point, it can be 5 minutes, sometimes a few hours, it'll start flashing red again, but it flashes in a distinctive pattern, not just on-off-on-off.  It flashes 4 times (approx 0.5 second each flash), then the LED is unlit for approx 4 seconds.  It'll continue flashing red like this until it's undocked and redocked, after which it'll reappear again.

• 4 weeks later...

I HAVE HAD THIS THING LESS THAN 6 MONTHS.  

The G10 is an extremely poor design and ridiculously overpriced. 

- Transmitter LED stopped glowing at all

- Transmitter would no longer charge.

- G10 Receiver base constantly pulsed red light.

- Power cable to the Receiver is loose and easily bendable. 

- Collar around the G10 Transmitter broke a few weeks ago after barely touching on my leg while it was plugged into a Les Paul. 

- Transmitter Cannot be fixed and must be replace - another $99!! 

- Transmitter is in the way and awkward whether using it in a top jack (Strat style) or side jack (LP style).

- The G10 should come with a 90 degree dongle cable and strap attachment so it can be used like a Pro pack. 

I have unplugged the G10 for the last time and thrown it away....which is how I modified my G10  :) 

I will never buy another G10, and I do not recommend buying the Relay G10.  There are too many other wireless systems that do the same job for far less....search Amazon and pay $50 bucks for one that works and has a better design.

Bye G10.  

• 9 months later...

I just got a new G10TII delivered today from Reverb and when I put it in my Line 6 V120 Spider it Flashes RED 3 times..pauses and repeats over and over and over....I should have listened to all the bad reviews. I have requested a return and refund from Reverb. For $50.00 less the Swiff Audio Transmitter and reciever that charges with simple USB has worked flawlessly for over a year on my Peavey Valve king 112 Tube Amp. I don't get it, why charke $149.00 Canadian for a G10TII when much better Wireless systems are available for 2/3 the price? I tried to include a Video of this thing flashing red then pausing but it says file too large.

• 2 months later...

I bought one these about 3 years ago. I could play my guitar through with no issues at all. But when tying to charge it the base unit went red and the transceiver's battery was totally flat. I sent it back 3 times and every one did the same. Then I heard they were calling a lot these back as there was a know fault on them.

So I left alone until about 2 weeks ago and wondered if there had been an improvement. As they were being sold I naively assumed there was no longer an issue and bought the new version the Line 6 Relay G10II. Again it played perfect and it did charge the transceiver, once! After which I get 3 red flashes on the transceiver when it is docked in the base unit. Referring to the instruction this means that charging has stopped due to being outside of the supported temperature range 10C - 20C. The room temperature was about 18C.

Being totally honest I've had enough of this. I agree 100% of some of the comments above. Line 6 make great amps and effects units etc. But they are completely hopeless at wireless guitar systems. So while I'm well in my warranty I'm sending it back and buy something I can rely on.