Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Whammy bar emulation in HD500x or Helix

cubbini

Howdy!

I'd like to know if the HD5000x or Helix can emulate a simple whammy bar effect (think Bigsby or old Strat) -  at most, up/down 1 whole step, polyphonic, with real good tracking...... like the Ventures would use it..

NOT Dive bombs, or psychotic bumble bees.....

thanks

The one below here is the whammy bar effect modelled and included in the POD HD500/X

image.png.99bae9531e01a7bf531a4131b99fbc72.png

Inspired by Digitech Whammy. It can be controlled by the pedal, you can set your heel and toe values (+/- 24 half steps) and then glide between them.

I used it especially to change apparently the guitar tuning 1 half step or 2 down (for some Hendrix and SRV songs) and it tracked well polyphonically.

When I use it I put it at the very beginning of the chain, and for me it works... some others forum members here have reported instead bad results.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips