Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix 3.15 updated - No new features

medbad5150

3 minutes ago, medbad5150 said:

Just noticed after I updated on my Mac with HX Edit fully up to date. It states it's 3.15 but no Ventoux or other new features. I've Googled but no help. Any ideas please? Thank you

Cut and Paste from an earlier Post - again!

Hi,

There is a whole sticky thread on here that was created simply because on a previous firmware update so may people were failing to see any new amps, and effects it became tedious to keep on making the same reply.

One thing that I found with Mac users who were having this issue, was that sometimes (even when they thought that they had removed the older version of HX Edit) they found that at some point they may have had an "alias" on their Mac that was pointing back to and launching the wrong version. There was also an issue that some users were using Firefox to download the installer files and that Firefox would for some reason open an older version that was still in the download cache. If you use Firefox to download your files, when the alert pops up asking - "What should Firefox do with this file", click the radio button "Save File" - DO NOT let it make the decision about handling the unpacking of the files.

https://line6.com/support/topic/60548-seriously-if-you-don’t-see-the-new-amp-and-effects-models-after-updating-it-means-you-need-to-update-hx-edit/

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, medbad5150 said:

Just noticed after I updated on my Mac with HX Edit fully up to date. It states it's 3.15 but no Ventoux or other new features. I've Googled but no help. Any ideas please? Thank you

Did you update the firmware as well as HX Edit to 3.15? You didn't mention updating the firmware. They are two separate operations. Can you see the new amps/effects on your HX device? Doublecheck your firmware and editor versions in the 'About HX Edit' under 'File' in the HX Edit menu.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, medbad5150 said:

Yes mate thats why I'm confused. Huge red type in red says update. My HX says it's the current version?

Hmm, perplexing. Important question - can you see the Ventoux and new effects directly on your device? If not, the firmware is probably not updated properly. If you cannot see them in HX Edit, then the problem is most likely with HX Edit, or both.

Might not hurt to uninstall everything first and start fresh with a download and install of HX Edit 3.15. If HX Edit then allows you to upgrade the firmware automatically to 3.15, do that.

If the automatic update process within HX Edit 3.15 isn't working, I would use the manual method. Take a backup first and then download and install the latest Line6 Updater. Also download the 3.15 Flash Memory and update the firmware. Make sure to do a factory reset and a backup restore when you are done!

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same issue so I'll post my fix (i think I remember the steps).  Sorry if this is posted elsewhere.  This is the first time I've had issues updating my helix and it was driving me nuts. 

I had issues with some presets giving me a popup for unrecognized models.  I had updated my HX edit with the software updater built into HX edit which directed me to the line 6 updater software.  It updated my HX edit so that it DID read 3.15 down at the bottom center of the screen but there were no new features.  I also flashed the firmware which read 3.15 and my LT DID have the new features.  So both firmware and software read 3.15 confirmed.  HOWEVER, that popup error for models.  After verifying that the 3.15 HX edit I had installed DID NOT have the new features, the fix was to goto the line 6 website and manually download the HX edit 3.15 EXE file and install it.  Everything ok after that.....software now has the features.  I also notice that on HX edit bottom center now, it only says HelixLT with no version number now but there was a version number before using the built in check for updates feature using the updater software.

Just for clarifying purposes.  There is really only one way to absolutely verify the HX Edit and Helix versions and that is to select the 'About HX Edit' option under the Help menu in HX Edit.  That will present a popup screen.  On the top of the popup screen it will display in bold letters the type of Helix unit and it's version of firmware such as "Helix Floor 3.15".  At the bottom of the popup screen it will say "Hx Edit 3.15"

• Upvote 2