Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Please, an alternative for JTV59 battery?

I've been waiting for 6 months now, for a order of a Variax battery. Now they contacted me saying it's another 3 months, at least. Im tired of this infinite wait, so...is there any valid alternative that I can safely use with my old JTV59?

Thanks for any opinion/experiences/help.

PS: Im in Europe.

19 minutes ago, PierM said:

I've been waiting for 6 months now, for a order of a Variax battery. Now they contacted me saying it's another 3 months, at least. Im tired of this infinite wait, so...is there any valid alternative that I can safely use with my old JTV59?

Even if there is, it'll be easier to find a pearl in a pig's ear, than to get an official endorsement from the powers that be to do so...

• Haha 1

Wish there was more I could do about it. This whole CoVid logistics glitch makes my job of service

and repair of Line 6 products a challenge for me too. Staring to see a trickle of relief,... but only a trickle, for now.

Pearl in a pig's ear,... been yonks since I heard that one. Very good, very clever. (thumbs up emoji)  My version

of "wishes" would be,... "If wishes were horses, I'd have a stable full of unicorns". But at this point, I'd be fine

with just a Shetland pony.

Fortunately, the only parts we get from Russia are vacuum tubes (valves), so any sanctions there won't be bad just yet.

Product is starting,... starting to show up at our distribution hub and starting to trickle out to where it needs to go.

Hang in there.

I ordered one of those "compatible with Variax JTV" from Amazon. It's cheap, but reviews are very good.

Hopefully a solution. :)

Thanks guys.

(VDI isn't a solution as I need a completely wireless setup)

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully this is related...

I purchased a JTV-59 (factory refurbished) a while ago and it's been my main guitar for most projects.  Beats taking 12 guitars for tunings, etc.  I wanted to have a replacement battery, just because.  Got one from Line 6 and it is identical to the one that came with it.   The one that came with the guitar charges just fine and holds the charge for a while.  The replacement I ordered, seems to charge, but when I put it in the guitar, I only get 2 green lights plugging it into the guitar, no matter how long I've left it in the charger.   Anyone else had this issue?   Thanx.