Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2 instruments to Helix and 1 x Powercab 212+?

Tonymf

Could I avoid having 2 x HX Stomp and 2 x 112+ powered cabs for 2 different instruments (electric guitar and acoustic guitar with line out) by using only one Helix Stomp (or a different Helix product) connected to 1 x 212+ Line 6 Powercab (and using each channel not as stereo but 2 different mono channels)?

My original plan was to get a HX Stomp and a 112+ for myself. But if my wife wants to use her acoustic guitar also with some amp/ speakers, I would like to know if I should upgrade to another Helix device and to a 212+ instead of 2 x 112+?

I don't have a stomp, so I don't know if it can be done.  I don't think it has two inputs, but I do see it has effects returns, so it might be possible to have the electric on one path, and acoustic on a second.   Powercab 112+ has only one analog input.   If you have a small mixer, you could have 2 stomps going to 1 PC 112+.    Maybe use one HX Stomp and one HX effects for the acoustic.

With a Helix Floor, you can definitely do what you are asking about.   There are a number of folks around using one helix for two guitarists.   For example, your electric guitar in HXF "guitar in" on path A, and Acoustic in "Aux in" on Path B.   Both can be merged into one output to Powercab 112+ or 212+ via Line 6 Link, or just quarter inch or XLR outputs.

HX LT doesn't have a preamp in the Aux in, so you might have to use a small preamp for the acoustic.

See Steve Sterlacci's youtube videos on Helix.   At one time was using one Helix Floor for both his electric guitar, and his Wife's live.  He controlled her effects for her.

On 2/27/2022 at 7:56 PM, Tonymf said:

Could I avoid having 2 x HX Stomp and 2 x 112+ powered cabs for 2 different instruments (electric guitar and acoustic guitar with line out) by using only one Helix Stomp (or a different Helix product) connected to 1 x 212+ Line 6 Powercab (and using each channel not as stereo but 2 different mono channels)?

My original plan was to get a HX Stomp and a 112+ for myself. But if my wife wants to use her acoustic guitar also with some amp/ speakers, I would like to know if I should upgrade to another Helix device and to a 212+ instead of 2 x 112+?

Hi,

This is the same question that you posted in the Powercab section of the forum. Cross posting can be confusing. Anyhow, you haven’t really made this query quite clear enough for me to fully understand.

Is the situation one of both you and your wife would be using the Stomp simultaneously, as a duo? Or do you mean, would it be possible for you to have your set of presets to use as you like, and for her to have another set of presets strictly for use with her acoustic? Either way, it should not be an issue as you can use HX Edit as a librarian to mange both your set ups.

Possibly the reason for my confusion is that this post is asking about either one or two PowerCabs, in yet another post you were asking about solid state amps to use a bedroom listening levels, plus another post about using headphones. When you finally decide what you need to know about, please let us know, but try to keep it in one place as it is a pain leaping from one to the other- makes me dizzy.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

3 hours ago, datacommando said:

Hi,

This is the same question that you posted in the Powercab section of the forum. Cross posting can be confusing. Anyhow, you haven’t really made this query quite clear enough for me to fully understand.

Is the situation one of both you and your wife would be using the Stomp simultaneously, as a duo? Or do you mean, would it be possible for you to have your set of presets to use as you like, and for her to have another set of presets strictly for use with her acoustic? Either way, it should not be an issue as you can use HX Edit as a librarian to mange both your set ups.

Possibly the reason for my confusion is that this post is asking about either one or two PowerCabs, in yet another post you were asking about solid state amps to use a bedroom listening levels, plus another post about using headphones. When you finally decide what you need to know about, please let us know, but try to keep it in one place as it is a pain leaping from one to the other- makes me dizzy.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Here the explanation:

The CRAZY thing is that in the meantime my wife has now decided to learn acoustic guitar !! 

That's why I have enlarged my query for the best setup from "for me" to "for us" now....But as she will be playing an acoustic guitar, the need to have an amp/ speaker etc...for her (with or without me) is less important.

However as I had not finalized my choice I wanted to include this option in the mix.

---

Meanwhile I start to understand the whole thing with modeler, amp, FRFR etc....

My choice is now:

A/ For me:

1. Headphone situation:

HX Stomp with my Sennheiser HD660S and Shure 535 IEM. Both should work in terms of impedance with the HX Stomp and will not need an additional headphone amp I suppose.

That way I can start to learn all this modeler software, effects etc...while also learning how to play a guitar.

2. Living room situation:

Most probably the FRFR way with a L6 Powercab 112+ if I see that this world of modelling, effect is something that I like to do.

Otherwise a Fender Tone Master Deluxe or Superb.

B/ For her/us:

I will decide in the future. Too early to make a final decision.

Next Saturday she will decide on her guitar first. Seagull, Godin or Taylor. 

THANKS to all the feedback I have received!!!

• Thanks 1