Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Bluetooth

SkinDoc

The Mac/ipad/android etc options for editing the Catalyst and switching presets are terrific - but no bluetooth??? You can buy a bluetooth speaker from the supermarket for next to nothing, but we're expected to go wired, with unusual adaptors in some cases. I'm tempted to wait on purchasing a Catalyst amp until bluetooth is added - it would make a huge difference.

I think Line 6 is gun-shy on Bluetooth based on their experience with the AMPLIFi and Firehawk lines. The fact of the matter is that Bluetooth can be flaky, and the support can be a pain. I don’t think they’ll be adding Bluetooth support given the fact they don’t have it at launch.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

See my thread about USB MIDI on the Cat 60W. I’ve done a LOT of Googling to try to find a 5-pin to USB B MIDI cable and it appears no such think exists. And I don’t think you can get BT MIDI dongles in anything other than 5-pin.

If I’m wrong please let me know where I can get one from! 

• 1 month later...

I too struggled with MIDI (see my response to little spaceman's post) and finally succeeded. It's great to have foot control, but the ability to use the app to store a preset for each song in a setlist and recall it is really valuable. It's a shame you can only be the length of a printer cable from your amp!!!

I have to say though, my 100 HX is one hell of a lot of awesome sound, effects and gadgetry for the money.

Line 6 have ticked a huge number of boxes.

(shame about the bluetooth.......)

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/20/2022 at 5:02 PM, littlespaceman said:

See my thread about USB MIDI on the Cat 60W. I’ve done a LOT of Googling to try to find a 5-pin to USB B MIDI cable and it appears no such think exists. And I don’t think you can get BT MIDI dongles in anything other than 5-pin.

If I’m wrong please let me know where I can get one from!

Thanks, my issue has been fixed.