Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

pasting new input/output line into existing preset

weedsy

Is it possible to paste a second line (e.g. a mike channel to XLR) containing preamp, EQ, etc as per the Demo template "Guitar & Vox" - I want to start running my mike through Helix and I have almost 60 guitar presets in sets  . . . . seems like a load of work to update each guitar preset separately. Sorry if it's a dim question, it's my age -  I'm pre even pedals, so Helix is rocket science!!

1 hour ago, cruisinon2 said:

Nope... can't make the same global edit across multiple existing patches simultaneously. 

Global edit??? I've searched the manual index and can't find any reference to "global edit" - does this refer to an edit that contains multiple items?

6 minutes ago, weedsy said:

Global edit??? I've searched the manual index and can't find any reference to "global edit" - does this refer to an edit that contains multiple items?

You can't find it because it doesn't exist... you asked for a way to make the same change(s) to a whole bunch of existing patches... making the same change to everything simultaneously would be the definition a "global edit". But unfortunately there is no way to do what you're asking. It is what it is...

15 minutes ago, DunedinDragon said:

That's what makes it worth having a mixer for blending vocals and guitar.  You don't want to try adjusting your vocal channel volume and EQ and effects on the Helix for each preset either....

Absolutely right - but I'm downsizing from an L1 Bose setup, mixer etc - too old to carry that much stuff around now, and still want small gigs for our duo. So, decent acoustic/vox gtr amp to handle Helix output (works fine) but need to boost the mike channel overall; can do it with a MXR clean boost pedal from my "junk pile", but liked the neatness of running it via the Helix to do that rather than re-introducing some of all the hands-and-knees cabling and doodads I'm trying to get rid of . . . . . pasting a complete second line in seemed the way . . . thanks anyway for your help, much appreciated;

4 minutes ago, cruisinon2 said:

You can't find it because it doesn't exist... you asked for a way to make the same change(s) to a whole bunch of existing patches... making the same change to everything simultaneously would be the definition a "global edit". But unfortunately there is no way to do what you're asking. It is what it is...

OK, thanks for that, sorry I didn't understand what you were saying - a global edit is exactly what I need - and can't have! Cheers for now, Weedsy.