Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Info on In Ear Setup I'm Considering

DunedinDragon

I've been spending a good part of the day researching an in-ear setup for myself and boy is there a lot of pro's and con's with each and every option out there.  But what I've finally come down to is the following:

Xvive U4 wireless transmitter/receiver
Westone Audio Pro X30 3 driver in ear monitors

I'm choosing to go with the Xvive because I'm currently using their wireless mic system and it's been working out very well, so I'm pretty confident in what they have.  The Westone in ear monitors is more of a big guess.  They appear to have the "big" name in the industry, but a lot of discussions have also centered around them having QA problems with the units breaking down after a short period.  But like everything there are just as many people saying they've never had any problems with them.  I guess I'm at the point where I'm guessing most of the breakdowns could just as easily be associated with people abusing them.  I don't know if that's true or not and maybe I'm just rationalizing because I'm OCD when it comes to taking good care of my gear.

At any rate I have a lot of respect for many of the folks that frequent this forum so I'm interesting what you guys may be able to add for my consideration in my quest.  Any and all responses/personal experiences would be greatly appreciated.

CCA c10 or other multi driver in ears from Ali express are very good, I have kz zsn pro and CCA c10, both serve me well and are robust enough, by brother has destroyed two CCA c10 tho, not from playing but rough handling. There are more expensive options too. We've bought about 8 of them so far and a few have worse sound, pbbly due to typically bad QC when buying directly from China without an European/American middlehand. Get a good pair and you've striked a real bargain, I always buy a bunch as backup etc anyway. Read up on Chinese IEMs. Good luck! I've looked with interest onto the xvive as well, just don't have any use of it as of now 

I seriously considered the Xvive when I went Iem last year. In the end, mainly because I play bass, I went with the Shure PSM 300 SE215-CL...Low end of the phones that come with it are decent for bass and most of the folks I work with are using Shure already. It makes it really nice to only have to bring my receiver sometimes. Just made the most sense for me given what most of the folks around me are using. The SE215 phones are good enough giving me time to save for nice phones. Anyway, that's my path at the moment....good luck.

16 hours ago, DunedinDragon said:

I've been spending a good part of the day researching an in-ear setup for myself and boy is there a lot of pro's and con's with each and every option out there.  But what I've finally come down to is the following:

Xvive U4 wireless transmitter/receiver
Westone Audio Pro X30 3 driver in ear monitors

I'm choosing to go with the Xvive because I'm currently using their wireless mic system and it's been working out very well, so I'm pretty confident in what they have.  The Westone in ear monitors is more of a big guess.  They appear to have the "big" name in the industry, but a lot of discussions have also centered around them having QA problems with the units breaking down after a short period.  But like everything there are just as many people saying they've never had any problems with them.  I guess I'm at the point where I'm guessing most of the breakdowns could just as easily be associated with people abusing them.  I don't know if that's true or not and maybe I'm just rationalizing because I'm OCD when it comes to taking good care of my gear.

At any rate I have a lot of respect for many of the folks that frequent this forum so I'm interesting what you guys may be able to add for my consideration in my quest.  Any and all responses/personal experiences would be greatly appreciated.

It's like buying headphones... you'll either love or hate whatever you get... unless you can try them first, you kinda have to cross your fingers and hope for the best. Just make sure that the wire is replaceable... that'll be what eventually craps out. The earpieces themselves should last forever as long as you don't knock them around too much. 

• Upvote 1

I went ahead with ordering the aforementioned order except I chose to go with the Westone AM Pro 30's which have the ambient feature which tends to address the point spaceatl brought up of limited bass response so I can hear the subwoofers.  It also allows me to bring in some of the ambient environment which I think will also help with not feeling so isolated behind the in ears.  I was just really concerned about the few responses I'd seen on forums about Westone durability, but reading user reviews I think made me feel better about the choice.  I guess we'll see what happens when they all arrive next week.