Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Load in Stomp or Snapshot mode based on the Preset

joerob577

Thank you, that was pretty helpful. If I understand correctly, Command Center allows me to overwrite what the switches do, but only in Stomp Mode? There doesn't seem to be an option in Command Center to assign an individual effect to a switch, so I'm assuming that I would have to set up the individual effects where I want them in the preset, and then go into Command Center and swap switches out to snapshots, preset up/down, etc.? Like, I can replace stomps with snaps, but not snaps with stomps.

11 hours ago, joerob577 said:

Thank you, that was pretty helpful. If I understand correctly, Command Center allows me to overwrite what the switches do, but only in Stomp Mode? There doesn't seem to be an option in Command Center to assign an individual effect to a switch, so I'm assuming that I would have to set up the individual effects where I want them in the preset, and then go into Command Center and swap switches out to snapshots, preset up/down, etc.? Like, I can replace stomps with snaps, but not snaps with stomps.

Helix operates in 2 main modes: 1) stomp mode and 2) snapshots. 

Right off the bat you can customize how you want to see those snapshots / stomps in each preset: e.g. top row stomps and bottom row snapshots.  Obviously if you do that, you are limited to only having 4 stomps and 4 snapshots you actually invoke.  Some people like approach, some don't. 

To switch between the snapshot view or stomp mode view, you press the "mode" button.  If you didn't set up any stomps set up, then that section will just be blank -- all unassigned buttons. 

You can set up some stomps by assigning specific block(s) to one footswitch and give it a custom label / ring color.  After you do that, you can open Command Center, where you can rearrange all of these newly-created stomps / snapshots, preset links.  Command center allows you to overwrite the stomp mode view in a specific preset to have something custom in terms of where buttons are located, and what they do (e.g. press/release)

If you are using the Helix Floor, you have 10 footswitches you can rearrange however you want (you need to first enable 10 switch view on the Floor unit).  Between those 10 FS's and the Expression pedal(s) you can create your ideal layout to be able to cover an entire setlist easily.  You can have some FS's engage things on/off; some have momentary engagement; snapshots, going to a different preset all together, re-entering the current preset, etc. 

If you decide to use "Preset spillover", you can mix/match presets, snapshots, stomps and have seemless transitions without any audio gaps.  With this option, you are however limiting your signal path to be half of what it used to be.  It can get a little tricky if you create "wormholes" taking you between presets.  You need to test out that every button has been assigned correctly so you don't hit a dead end :)