Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD Go wireless using cable and loading transmitter at the same time

Woarno

Hello,

am just wondering if there is any way to load the G10TII while using the POD Go with a cable? Have tried it with a Y-Audio-Jack, but that does not seem to work. If there is no other way than the guitar in, it is a bad design choice to me.

45 minutes ago, Woarno said:

Hello,

am just wondering if there is any way to load the G10TII while using the POD Go with a cable? Have tried it with a Y-Audio-Jack, but that does not seem to work. If there is no other way than the guitar in, it is a bad design choice to me.

Why do you need both? You can only use one guitar with a single MFX unit.  Pod Go Wireless can connect via wireless or via cable so you have a choice.

In the old days people sometimes shared an amp and amps had multiple inputs. But most modern amps now have a single input.  Is that bad design? 

Sorry, but I don't know where you're coming from on this.

2 hours ago, voxman55 said:

Why do you need both? You can only use one guitar with a single MFX unit.  Pod Go Wireless can connect via wireless or via cable so you have a choice.

In the old days people sometimes shared an amp and amps had multiple inputs. But most modern amps now have a single input.  Is that bad design? 

Sorry, but I don't know where you're coming from on this.

I mean, that I want to play with a cable during the time the wireless GT10 is loading and that is not possible, because while loading, the jack is occupied. There are other outputs/inputs on the device, why is it not possible to load it on another. I am still waiting to get the thing fully loaded and have not even been able to try it out yet.

You mean whilst the G10 is CHARGING, gotcha. I was confused when you said loading and thought you were trying to run 2 guitars through it. 

I'm afraid that this is just one of the PGWs disadvantages. I have a separate Line 6 G10 Relay that I can use with any gear set up, not just Pod Go, and because it's independent I can charge the G10T receiver whilst using any of my gear with a cable. 

I appreciate that Pod Go Wireless avoids the need for the extra cable and separate PSU that I need with my G10 Relay, and that its tidier, but I prefer my combination of Pod Go non wireless with a separate G10 Relay that I can still use with any of my amps, mfx, or pedalboard.  

However, your solution would be to buy the G10 receiver for your G10TII transmitter which would then give you the best of both worlds ie you could charge it outside your PGW whilst using PGW with a cable, or even have wireless for any non PGW gear you might have.

You could even buy a complete G10 Relay set and have a second transmitter that you can interchange when one runs out. I have two G10T mk1 transmitters for that convenience. 

I fully agree that it would have been helpful to have designed PGW such that you could use a cable whilst the G10TII was being charged.  I stand to be corrected here, but as far as I'm aware, this isn't possible.

It all just comes down to a matter of cost (and probably the actual physical space for another jack on the hardware). Personally, I have multiple G10 transmitters, and if I were playing a gig, I'd definitely bring more than one. Then I'd just charge them overnight or something.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 6/14/2022 at 6:39 PM, stevevlee said:

Anyone know how to charge the Pod Go Wireless without the screen having to be on the entire time?

You can’t…

I mean, I have a couple G10S receivers, and I’ll often charge my transmitters in those, but if you only have the PGW, you just have to leave it on while charging the transmitter.

• Sad 1