Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Which amp models sound most like a marshall

patriot2006

21 hours ago, patriot2006 said:

Looking for that Marshall sound

More info required.... they are all distinctly different.

JTM45 / Bluesbreaker? 

Super Lead / Plexi?

JCM800? 

IMO... regardless of which model, I'd most certainly start with those models already within the Helix. 

Brit J45  (JTM45)

Brit Plexi (Super Lead / Plexi)

Brit 2204  (JCM 800)
Line 6 2204 Mod (Alternate JCM 800)

• Upvote 1

On 3/7/2022 at 11:14 AM, cruisinon2 said:

Stay with me, because this one is a bit of a curve ball...but if you want a Marshall sound, I'd start with one of the Marshall amp models. ;)

Was not aware that the term Brit was synonymous with Marshall. Also when a person ask a question they obviously are unaware of the answer or they would not be asking. . So, In retrospect, no question is ever stupid. You may find yourself asking one of those "Stupid" questions some day yourself.

On 3/9/2022 at 5:56 PM, patriot2006 said:

Was not aware that the term Brit was synonymous with Marshall. Also when a person ask a question they obviously are unaware of the answer or they would not be asking. . So, In retrospect, no question is ever stupid. You may find yourself asking one of those "Stupid" questions some day yourself.

There are questions, stupid questions, and 'I'm too lazy/stupid to read the instructions' questions.

Having read manuals my entire life, sometimes they can be a bit overwhelming even to a veteran like me. Sometimes you just want to ask a friendly face a question instead of spending spending half a day looking for the answer.   If you don't want to help the person then just drive by but there's no need to insult them in my opinion

On 3/10/2022 at 8:21 AM, coachz said:

Having read manuals my entire life, sometimes they can be a bit overwhelming even to a veteran like me. Sometimes you just want to ask a friendly face a question instead of spending spending half a day looking for the answer.   If you don't want to help the person then just drive by but there's no need to insult them in my opinion

Once upon a time, maybe. 

But today's manuals aren't paper that need thumbed through manually.    

Open up your PDF and enter the word Marshall into the search box, it shows you all instances of the word.    

On 3/10/2022 at 12:04 PM, pianoguyy said:

Once upon a time, maybe. 

But today's manuals aren't paper that need thumbed through manually.    

Open up your PDF and enter the word Marshall into the search box, it shows you all instances of the word.    

Another advantage of PDFs is that you can annotate them with the equivalent of "sticky" notes. For example, if you search on "Marshall," try them all out, and particularly like a couple of them, you can save them as favorites and also take notes on the manual, like "best for leads with Strat" or "best for rhythm guitar with PRS" or whatever. And while not as important with Helix's compact interface, with something like a DAW screenshot, you can expand the image to the original resolution and see all the tiny text clearly. 

On 3/10/2022 at 6:21 AM, coachz said:

it's the internet, people are animals behind the screen, but yes line 6 manual is very easy, the modal types are very easy to read and understand. but yes

Brit J45  (JTM45)

Brit Plexi (Super Lead / Plexi)

Brit 2204  (JCM 800)
Line 6 2204 Mod (Alternate JCM 800)

I'm hoping they add billie joe armstrong's modded amps to the list,

On 3/11/2022 at 11:18 PM, Nylander88 said:

it's the internet, people are animals behind the screen

But I am the same kind of prick pretty much everywhere. 

I am actually a nice guy. I just don't deal with silly non-sense like 'which model sounds like a Marshall' - duh, the Marshall model. 

• Haha 1

On 3/12/2022 at 7:03 AM, coachz said:

Can you say you are a nice guy if you are insulting someone?  Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up.  Peace.

There's a difference between a hand out and a hand up. 

I am not going to coddle someone. 

Now, had the dude come here and said he doesn't think the Marshall models sound like Marshall, and would like alternatives... that's different. 

But asking what models sound like a Marshall... 

The Placater isn't a Marshall model (it's a Friedman BE100), but it is very much in Marshall territory as well. I'd venture that more people may be using it for Marshall-esque tones than the actual Marshall models.

85443960.jpg

• Haha 1