Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Edit 3.15 bug: Text editing - text becomes garbage until editing is complete

deepakhemadri

So, I am running HX Edit 3.15 for Stomp. When I try to edit the text in any of the text boxes on HX Edit, the text becomes garbage until the editing is complete and I move out of the text box. Here are a couple of pictures to help clarify. Any thoughts to help fix this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

Pic 1: Look at the preset name field when there is no focus on it. Looks fine. 

564577207_Goodtext.jpg.6b2cbd8b18339003de883768f1febcce.jpg

Fig 2: Look at the preset name here. Just clicked on it and it turns to this. If I hit escape, then the text goes back to the right state. In fact, this happened on the login screen on HX Edit too. I just typed the user ID and password and logged in. 

1638129326_Badtext.jpg.f4d3e63fc316190072c362de0e43cfab.jpg

I can only guess but it may be one of two problems.  Obviously text display is a function of your operating system, not the HX Edit program.  So my guess is there could be a disconnect between the firmware version installed and the HX Edit version (they need to be the same level and confirmed in the Help/about menu item which lists both separately).  Or if they're in sync there may be a problem with the computer operating system you're using linking up correctly with the Helix drivers which would normally be avoided by doing the reset described in the installation instructions after downloading and installing the HX edit and firmware.

On 3/11/2022 at 3:36 AM, theElevators said:

Are you using some foreign keyboard, like a French keyboard?  Try copy - paste text from somewhere.  Like here:

FX:Stereo Swirl

No. I am not. Keyboard is US English.  All other apps are fine. Just this one. 

Versions of HX Stomp and HX Edit are 3.15. 

Running Windows 11