Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is it possible to create a tight distorted heavy metal sort of preset with HX Effects?

vanilla

I havn't had enough time to really try. Some of the effects i remember that are included in it's library that i would like to use in the aforementioned preset would be...... 

NOISE GATE > CALI EQ > BLANK > BLANK > BLANK > BLANK > BLANK> REVERB > PING PONG

You've got five empty effects blocks. How many could it take to create this sort of preset, without the idea of four cable method.

This idea is using the HX Effects only with a power amp and a cabinet. Two cabinets if you want.

define tight 

do you mean - putting a noise gate at the end of the chain to instantly cut off signal 

or do you mean - using an eq to create focus 

or do you mean - any other possible varieties of the word tight  

Either way, you could do it with 1 block and a good right hand. 

Sorry i was born in the usa. The lord has blessed the u.s.

Are bypass FX in HX Edit active? Because you can add 9 in the row? Yeah i know 9 effects can run simultaneously.

EFFECT 1 - NOISE GATE - BYPASSED? >

EFFECT 2 - CALI EQ - BYPASSED? > F

EFFECT 3 - Footswitch 1 - CHORUS >

EFFECT 4 - Footswitch 2 - DIMENSION >

EFFECT 5 - Footswitch 3 - Blank >

EFFECT 6 - footswitch 4 - Blank >

EFFECT 7 - Footswitch 5 - Reverb >

EFFECT 8 - Footswitch 6 - Delay >

EFFECT 9 - VOLUME? - Blank?

No? Help Jimmy out! I'm 5'12.

Thank you!

On 3/12/2022 at 10:55 PM, vanilla said:

Are bypass FX in HX Edit active? Because you can add 9 in the row? Yeah i know 9 effects can run simultaneously.

Not sure what you are asking/suggesting.... but I'll take a stab at this. 

I THINK you are wondering if a bypassed effects consumes DSP. YES, the DSP is reserved for all loaded effects whether they are on or off.
If that's not what you are wondering, please provide more detail. 

On 3/11/2022 at 12:05 AM, vanilla said:

This idea is using the HX Effects only with a power amp and a cabinet. Two cabinets if you want.

So no amp at all since you aren't running one and the HX Effects has no amp models? 

In that scenario, this is the direction I would go.  

• Choose an overdrive for the CORE tone. Maybe the "Heir Apparent" or the "Horizon Drive".... but there are certainly others that might be better.
  • Toss a Tube Screamer (scream 808) in front of it... to kick it up a notch when required. A RAT (ratatouille) also works well in this position... it's smoother sounding than the TS and has a lot more gain on tap if you want that. 
  • Place a CALI Q Graphic after the overdrives.... use that to shape the tone. 
  • (optional)... I'd place the Rochester comp after the EQ. This is a studio quality compressor that will add a little "feel" (sag, bounce) to the setup since you are not running any amps or amp models. 
  • (optional).... add modulation & reverb to taste. 

Good luck! Without an amp or amp model it will be trickier.