Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to download Factory setlist after 3.15 update?

jesuscares

If you do a factory reset, you wipe out your presets and replace them with factory ones.  You can re-import all your presets after that.  You need to uncheck what you want to remain on your Helix.  If necessary, move things around, rearrange.

1951964234_ScreenShot2022-03-11at6_29_39PM.png.75e9eb92f7fbc069b2b17cdc4efbc8a8.png

On 3/11/2022 at 10:13 PM, jesuscares said:

not sure how I can get the new 2 factory setlist for this update.

Hi,

That would be because there are no new factory presets in this update. It seems that the team were too busy creating all the other goodies that were included. Yet more toys to come in v3.20, not sure about things so mundane as “factory presets” though.

If there actually were any factory presets worth checking out without losing your user presets, you could make a backup of everything in your unit, then restart and reset the hardware to the factory default and wiping you’re own stuff. Then simply reload your own preset lists using the restore from backup procedure in HX Edit.

It a seems a little futile really.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

On 3/11/2022 at 6:37 PM, datacommando said:

Hi,

That would be because there are no new factory presets in this update. It seems that the team were too busy creating all the other goodies that were included. Yet more toys to come in v3.20, not sure about things so mundane as “factory presets” though.

If there actually were any factory presets worth checking out without losing your user presets, you could make a backup of everything in your unit, then restart and reset the hardware to the factory default and wiping you’re own stuff. Then simply reload your own preset lists using the restore from backup procedure in HX Edit.

It a seems a little futile really.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Oh I see thanks for the info.I'm will check Customtone if anyone has added new tones with the new goodies.Thanks.

On 3/12/2022 at 12:11 AM, jesuscares said:

Oh I see thanks for the info.I'm will check Customtone if anyone has added new tones with the new goodies.Thanks.

Hi,

If you go into YouTube and type “helix 3.15 update free presets” into the search option, it will return about five or six freebies.

A firmware update, by itself, does not affect the existing presets in your Helix device. If you have no stock factory presets after the update it means they weren’t there before the update. If you want to restore the factory presets you need to perform a factory restore on the device after the firmware is updated, as is recommended in the update instructions. Of course this will replace all presets on the device so before you do that make sure you backup any setlists or presets you want to restore again after the factory reset.

On 3/12/2022 at 11:41 AM, Tonymf said:

I bought the HX Stomp new in box and performed the firmware update first.

OK, will do a factory reset!

Did you buy it from Line 6 directly or from a retailer? In the latter case, it’s easy to put a returned unit back in the box and reseal the sticky tape.