Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix with External Pedals

Rockobeall

Who has experience with putting drives in the 4 loops of the Helix? I currently have all my drives in the 1 loop of an HX Stomp and don't hear a noticeable difference between in the loop and directly in front of Stomp. (I use a real amp setup btw)

I am thinking about upgrading to Helix Floor because of 4 independent send and returns. That way I can use my helix almost as a loop/pedal switcher to turn off and on multiple drives and change snapshots at the same time with one footswitch.

I feel like this would be easier to program and adjust than a Boss es-5 or rjm mastermind.

I have heard mixed reviews on the loops and am confused about the A to D conversion going on when putting drives in loops. Does the same conversion happen on es-5 or rjm mastermind? Also, I know Helix floor is not true bypass, and am a bit worried about possible tone suck? I use good input and output buffers on my board but am just a little skeptical about putting a giant nontrue bypass pedal on my board haha. Others have also said loops are noisy...

I know this is a loaded post so gear nerds go nuts... Just want to make sure I'm making the right decision before dropping a bunch of cashhhhhhhhhh... Thanks in advance yall.

I can't comment on the A/D conversion but can't imagine the loops are any different to the one in the Stomp - Do you think your current setup is "noisy" or has tone suck when using the Stomp's loop?

As they say, it's really difficult to make a bad electrical product nowadays with the parts and manufacturing processes available. I don't think you'd really notice any issues