Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Channel volume swapping in Snaphots

LukeMolk

Hello All, I think I'm about lose my mind.

When I try and set up my channel volume a foot-switch I set a min and max value. Simple. I press it on, my volume goes up. I press it off, it goes down.

Except, when I change my snapshot, the setting seems to be getting confused and leaving itself on a higher volume when off and turning down when it's on. 

This wouldn't be a problem, except for the fact that I have other functions assigned to that switch to help boost it, so this is really, really frustrating.

Anyone have any ideas how to help? Thanks

You need to re-think you approach to boosts. 

I'd suggest a simple "gain" block as a boost... and just turn it on/off with the footswitch. The block can be set to ignore all snapshots so you will be in full control of when it is boosted or not regardless of snapshots. 

On 3/13/2022 at 6:52 AM, coachz said:

Why does this ignore feature exist?   If you didn't want a bypass or parameter in the snapshot wouldn't you just take it out of the snapshot?

It's just giving people more options.  Sometimes I like one block that I control independently of all snapshots so that I can drop it in snapshot 1 or take it out,  snapshot 2 or take it out,  etc.  Helix is all about a myriad of ways to do things.