Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Question about HX Stomp and the looper

MarcDwonn

TL;DR from my second post:

I want to be able to both switch presets AND use the looper, all with my feet only. Is this possible?

Original post:

Do i understand correctly that with the HX Stomp you have to use your hands if you want to access the looper after you switched presets, or vice versa - use your hands to switch presets after you used the looper?

Example: In a song i need Preset 1, Preset 2, and Preset 3 with different sounds. Preset 3 is for using the looper (but the other presets have the looper block in the same place as well). I start the song and use Preset 1 & 2, in the middle i need the looper in Preset 3, and at the end i need Preset 1 & 2 again. Do i have to use my hands to change the view in Preset 3 to be able to use the looper and then to change the view again to switch back to Preset 1 & 2?

I could ask the question differently: Is it possible to assign Switch 1 to switch presets, Switch 2 to the 1-Button-Looper, and Switch 3 to Tap/Tuner?

In order to have the Looper continue to work when switching among presets you need to have the same type of Looper block added to all associated presets. (See manual pg 34).

You say that Preset 3 has the Looper, presumably meaning that Presets 1 and 2 don't have it. That explains why you don't have access to the Looper in Presets 1 and 2. Try adding the Looper block to Presets 1 and 2. Then experiment with the results.

Correction: Presets 1 & 2 have the looper as well. But that's not the point of my question.

I don't have an HX Stomp, yet. But from the tutorials i've seen, you can only either switch presets + tuner, or switch between Snapshots + tuner, or switch pedals on/off. But you have to change the foot switch mode with the page buttons (?), to be able to go from one mode to the other.

I want to be able to both switch presets AND use the looper, all with my feet only. Is this possible?