Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Floor: Can the L/MONO Output signal be duplicated and sent via other outputs (XLR or Loop Sends)

adagosto

I think this is more of a question for Helix Floor users, but anyway....

Can the Helix L/Mono output signal be duplicated and routed to other available outputs such as the Left XLR or even one of the available Effects Loops?

Effectively, what I'm trying to understand is this: can the Helix internally act as an A/B/Y switch?

I need to take the Helix L/Mono Output, duplicate that signal and then select which of those signals gets sent to the Vox AC30 inputs. This is easy with an external A/B/Y switch, but, if the Floor could take the 1/4" L/Mono signal and ALSO have that same signal coming out of the Left XLR, using a Snapshot I'm sure I could turn on/off the outputs (I assume you can do that...).

In this case I'd route my L/Mono to the Normal channel on the Vox amp and the Helix XLR (w/1/4 adapter) or Effects Send to the Top Boost channel.

Anyone know if this can be done?

If you set the output to "Multi" it will feed the same signal to the 1/4", XLR, Digital, and USB 1/2 outputs.  The signal will be stereo or mono depending on the signal chain you set up IF both sides are connected.  If you only connect the Left side of the 1/4" or XLR out, it converts it to mono regardless.

On 3/15/2022 at 3:07 PM, OmniFace said:

If you set the output to "Multi" it will feed the same signal to the 1/4", XLR, Digital, and USB 1/2 outputs.  The signal will be stereo or mono depending on the signal chain you set up IF both sides are connected.  If you only connect the Left side of the 1/4" or XLR out, it converts it to mono regardless.

SO YES!!

But the follow up question is, after setting the output to "Multi", can you within the Snapshots turn a specific output source on or off?

So can you get it to work like this....

1. Enable Multi output
  2. connect the output cable to the Normal channel on the amp
  3. connect the XLR output cable to the Top Boost channel on the amp (with 1/4" adaptor of course)
  4. In Snapshot 1, turn the L Main output ON and the XLR output OFF
  5. In Snapshot 2, turn the Main L output OFF and the XLR output ON
  6. In Snapshot 3, turn both outputs ON

Is that feasible?

On 3/16/2022 at 9:05 AM, adagosto said:

But the follow up question is, after setting the output to "Multi", can you within the Snapshots turn a specific output source on or off?

So can you get it to work like this....

1. Enable Multi output
  2. connect the output cable to the Normal channel on the amp
  3. connect the XLR output cable to the Top Boost channel on the amp (with 1/4" adaptor of course)
  4. In Snapshot 1, turn the L Main output ON and the XLR output OFF
  5. In Snapshot 2, turn the Main L output OFF and the XLR output ON
  6. In Snapshot 3, turn both outputs ON

Is that feasible?

I don't think so.. but it is possible using a SEND instead of the XLR. 

1. Place a mono SEND just before the output
  2. Assign the "Dry Thru" and "Send Level" in the send block to be controlled by snapshots
  3. Use snapshots to adjust those controls 
    • Snapshot 1, only routes toward the main output. "Dry Thru" on full, "Send Level" turned down... OR have the send block "turned off". 
    • Snapshot 2, only routes toward the send output. "Dry Thru" turned down, "Send Level" turned up
    • Snapshot 3 routes equally to the send and main output. Both "Dry Thru" and "Send Level" turned up.