Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Issues with Saving Heel Position Expression Pedal - when Using the Volume Fx in 2 Places?

VmusicV

Hi,

I have a Helix floor. I created a preset, where I use/switch between two different instruments in this preset. One is the Guitar In, and the other is the Aux In. I have TWO different Volume Fx Blocks, in two different places in the preset. One for each instrument.  I'm more than ok with have the heel/toe settings being identical in both places. INITIALLY when I made the preset I set both Volume Fx Blocks to:

• linear (curve)
  • heel position to be at 59%
  • toe position to be at 100%

SooooOOooooo....some days later, I tried to change the preset, I want to change the curve to be logarithmic and the heel position to 80%. Again.... I made changes to BOTH Volume Fx blocks. I changed them one at a time, making SURE to save the preset after the changes. 

However....... Helix won't save changes to BOTH Volume Fx Blocks One of the Fx blocks keeps 'thinking' the heel position is 59%, which is what it was originally set at. The 2nd Volume Fx Block correctly keeps the changed settings. 

Any Thoughts?

Anyone else use or switch between TWO instruments and use 2 Volume Fx blocks?

Any ideas on how to get Helix to keep or remember the changes. 

Frustrated in Philly

After playing around with it for awhile....... I found a work around

• Delete one of the 2 Volume Fx Block
  • Get the settings on the (now) singular Volume Fx Block.... how you want
  • Copy, and Paste that Volume Fx Block into the space you deleted the 2nd Volume Fx Block

Now both seem to work accordingly

I'm guessing the minimum setting on the 'problem' block was assigned to a different controller.  I do that once in awhile and it drives me mad til I realize it.  I'll control a parameter change (on a volume pedal) via snapshots.  And I'll have a volume block elsewhere for a different purpose, and I'll change the snapshot one, then when I change snapshots it reverts back to what its supposed to be.  Argh, 

Glad you figured it out a different way.