Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I searched...but got nuttin....SOLO SWITCH or BOOST

Salsguitar

I've attemted a few things.

Attach a switch to Master in the amp...even a 4db shift offers little difference and in some cases, the amp block just goes dark when I press the button.
Add a volume block, call it gain, at the end of the signal chain...Nope...that didn't seem to want to work well either..lost all the tone.

So...I know it can be done...
(Pretty sure when I get more money, I'm going to the Racked version..has a few bells and whistles I miss from Fractal..)

On 3/17/2022 at 10:45 PM, Salsguitar said:

So...I know it can be done...

Hi,

Here ya go - an old video by Ben Vesco (forum user Malhavok).

Plus one video from Johnny Lee,

Oh, and here’s another from Steve Sterlacci.

Lots more out there when you look.

Hope this helps/helps sense.

Oops! Nearly forgot - Jason

Edited by datacommando
Added vid
  • Upvote 3

I know this is unpopular (I have no understanding of why) but here goes...

All of these functions (like assigning a parameter change to a footswitch) are clearly explained in the manual.

RTFM

I am not saying dont use the forum for help with tricky things etc...but learn the basics first.  Its much faster to look up a function in the manual than it is to post a question and wait for a reply.

• Upvote 2

On 3/17/2022 at 11:31 PM, lawrence_Arps said:

I know this is unpopular …..

On 3/19/2022 at 3:24 AM, DunedinDragon said:

On 3/19/2022 at 9:56 AM, Salsguitar said:

….
How about not being an a$$hole?

Great Saturday morning entertainment…..

On 3/19/2022 at 8:56 AM, Salsguitar said:

Like i said...SINCE I WAS GOING TO HAVE TO GO ONLINE ANY DAMNED WAY>>>WHY NOT COME HERE?>
How about not being an a$$hole?

That was your response to someone that simply posted a "link" to the manual? 

Nobody was being rude to you... they were leading you to the path! 

I don't know what HX/Helix you own, but I know my LT came with a USB drive that included the manual. However, that manual was very outdated compared to the latest ones - which is the side benefit of having online manuals these days. 

When I was gigging, I would boost the level slider on the output block. Usually, I would boost 3-5 dBs. Using the Master slider on the amp block will add distortion and may not add much to the overall level. 

If I'm playing high gain stuff, I also turn the gain down when I am boosting the overall output.

On 3/17/2022 at 5:45 PM, Salsguitar said:

Attach a switch to Master in the amp...even a 4db shift offers little difference

For boosting in this manner on the Helix you'll want to adjust the "Channel Volume" in the amp block, not the "Master" in the amp block. "Master" doesn't behave the way you think it might. 

and in some cases, the amp block just goes dark when I press the button.

That just means you accidentally have the button set to "bypass" the amp model. Just remove that association in the controller assignments of HX Edit. 

Add a volume block, call it gain, at the end of the signal chain...Nope...that didn't seem to want to work well either..

Instead of a volume block... add a GAIN block at the end of the chain. Set the boost amount to your liking and assign a switch to turn it on/off.